Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Lucky Chances Gold Rush 2005 Super-Satellites

So I'm going to try and make one of the super-satellites that Lucky Chances is holding for their Gold Rush tournament (you can see the tourney structure here, second image from the top). You don't start with too many chips, the blinds escalate really really fast, and there's unlimited rebuys for the first 4 rounds. The top 6 places (at least, depends on number of entries) will all get 3 seats in various tournament events (a $300, $500, and $1000 buy-in).

What kind of strategy would work best for such a fast structure? It seems to me that this will degenerate into a crapshoot really quickly if one doesn't build up a large stack in time.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Lucky Chances Gold Rush 2005 Super-Satellites

So I've been trying to practice with this structure in Wilson Software's tournament program (they don't have the exact structure but they have one close enough that works), and from the start it's pretty much an all-in fest until you build a decent amount of chips. Bleh. I'm not sure if this is going to be worth it, I guess I should try to get in one of the single-table satellites if they hold any during the supersat.