Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eriously, methods aside, Ann Coulter and Al Franken are two sides of the side coin, demagogues who exist for the sole purpose of slinging mud at the other side and to make money doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Grey here. Coulter's statements, even if you aren't supposed tot ake them seriouly (I don;t know whether or not that is the case) go WAY beyound "mud-slinging" at the other side. The fact that you had to pick a random blog to find a liberal equivalent of Coulter's comments rather than quote something Franken said shows that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty much done with this topic, but I want to make two points. The first is that regardless of how much you despise this woman, the caterwauling of the left over statements only feed the fire. As I said to Grey, this is simple human psychology, something even my young daughters understand to some degree already.

Secondly, and more specifically, you alleged that I "picked some random blog to find the liberal equivalent of Coulter", only shows that you either hadnt read the entire exchange between Grey and me plus my posted link, or completely misunderstood the exchange. Hard to believe either one applies to you Nicky, but I cant figure otherwise. To clarify, Grey made an assertion that the liberal blogsphere probably was the closest to Coulter in his opinion. I asked if he was going to to condemn them. He said, condemn who, and I provided him a link. And it wasnt some random blogger, it was a piece by a Pulitzer prize winning author. But dont bother with the details..

PS I may muster enough inspiration to start an "Al Franken is a Stupid [censored]" thread and see if I can work myself into an indignant lather over the opining of some brainless demagogue.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 AM

ONE STATEMENT SUMS IT UP..

THE LEFT BILL CLINTON NO DEFICT NO WAR BLOWJOBS IN THE WHITE HOUSE OR THE RIGHT AND WAR, NO FISCAL DISCIPLINE, SCANDALS AND BS PRESS CONFERENCES. OH YEAH AND GOD TOLD TO START THE WAR.. WHATS THAT FIRST ONE UHHH THOU SHALL NOT KILL U IDIOT..LOLLOLO

PS COMPARING JON STEWART TO THAT ANN CUNTIOUTLER IS BAD TASTE AND AN INSULT TO J STEWART
Old 10-07-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Ann Coulter is simply a compulsive liar

And quite ignorant too, even of matters that are common knowledge. (Such as her astonishing claim that Canadian soldiers fought in Vietnam, uttered on live TV. A fine TV moment.)

What you call Coulter's "reply to Franken" is just that : a reply. Nothing of substance. If you are accused of being a thief and evidence is presented to that effect, if you reply with a thousand-word document without addressing the accusation head on, without refuting the evidence, then yes, you "have replied" -- but that does not mean the accusations were addressed.

Ann Coulter has been accused in Al Franken's book of being an almost pathological liar (perhaps more accurately would be the term a professional liar). And this is claimed with some pretty strong evidence in Franken's book! (How about using as evidence Coulter's own book? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Where she directs readers, for example, to a footnote that supposedly backs up one of her claims, except that the footnote is not referencing any source but is more "opinion" -- or does not exist at all!) I have read Franken's book and all the "replies" of Coulter I could find and she has nothing to counter Franken with. So she keeps mostly mum -- or writes up op-ed pieces like that fluff you linked to.

Ann Coulter does not "bother" me. I wish the Right had more of her. I wish there were a thousand Coulters. That would make the job much easier.

Some neo-cons I know are bothered by Coulter. They wanna bed her -- seriously. For some weird reason, they find her sexy.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:46 AM

are you a gimmick account?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:51 AM

i actually find it really depressing that she is taken seriously by people. its unreal. and on many more levels than her political views and statements.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ann Coulter is a Stupid Bitch

[/ QUOTE ]
that's not nice.

I do find her to be combative, rude, prideful, and condescending, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe everytime I watch her she's having her period, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
that would explain a lot.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually find it really depressing that she is taken seriously by people. its unreal. and on many more levels than her political views and statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

All too true.

Frank
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS I may muster enough inspiration to start an "Al Franken is a Stupid [censored]" thread and see if I can work myself into an indignant lather over the opining of some brainless demagogue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Franken seems at the core a very decent, grounded person.

As far as his intelligence goes, I believe he went to harvard and scored 800 on the math portion of the SAT.

He is genuinely funny.

It is a gross insult to call him the Ann Coulter of the left.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 AM

"Secondly, and more specifically, you alleged that I "picked some random blog to find the liberal equivalent of Coulter", only shows that you either hadnt read the entire exchange between Grey and me plus my posted link, or completely misunderstood the exchange. Hard to believe either one applies to you Nicky, but I cant figure otherwise. To clarify, Grey made an assertion that the liberal blogsphere probably was the closest to Coulter in his opinion. I asked if he was going to to condemn them. He said, condemn who, and I provided him a link. And it wasnt some random blogger, it was a piece by a Pulitzer prize winning author. But dont bother with the details.."

Apologies, you are correct, I skimread the exchange and misunderstood it.

"The first is that regardless of how much you despise this woman, the caterwauling of the left over statements only feed the fire. As I said to Grey, this is simple human psychology, something even my young daughters understand to some degree already. "

You are probably right, but I don't really regard a comment that Coulter's statements are not compaprable to Franken's so-called "mud-slinging" as caterwauling. If you assert something here you should be ready for it to be questioned and not just suggest that the questioner would be better off keeping quiet. If someone says truly terrible things and someone else, a respected poster here for example, tries to argue that they're just "mud-slinging" and no worse than what someone like Franken, I see nothing wrong with posting my views to the contrary. You may think that if everyone just ignored the likes of Coulter she'd go away, but when many people on the right don't, and when others try to present her statements as simply partisan mud-slinging, I think it's worth vocally disagreeing.

"PS I may muster enough inspiration to start an "Al Franken is a Stupid [censored]" thread and see if I can work myself into an indignant lather over the opining of some brainless demagogue. "

Go for it. But it doesn't change the fact that Coulter's ravings are not really comparable to Franken's attacks.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:53 AM

In any decently-run country she would be publically ostracized for encouraging terrorist attacks on her native land - that would be in reference to her "NY Times" comment, yes.

Since I have nothing constructive to add, am I the only who was humming the South Park song of a similar name while reading the thread? Just asking.