Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Site where cards run fairly even?

Im not sure you even need a flop/turn/river. Even if you do keep the flop and turn I think the river is certianly not needed. Thats where everyone draws out anyway so that would take care of some of your problems.
Something else to keep the "rock' bonus whores away would be an anti deposit bonus. Say 20% up to $100. You deposit 500 and get to play with only 400.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 AM

No thanks, but at least I got out while I still had a bit of cash. Even loaded dice exhibit randomness.

I didn't even mention rakebacks - sheesh, how do you think they make money if they're giving it away?
You can play double the hands as a live game, but there are few tells and in general the tables are relatively tight (35% ASF in the 1/2 and 2/4 games I have in PT, so much for soft, low-limit games).

I can take a bad beat every now and then, but not when the percentages are reversed - A 20% suckout should only occur 1 out of 5 time, not 4 out of 5.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:52 AM

Sounds good to me, where do I sign up?

Fish will call anyway even if they are certainly beat, that's why they're fish. The problem is you never know when they make their hand (until now), since they could be holding anything.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fish will call anyway even if they are certainly beat

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I added the anti-bluff rule. You you not be allowed to bet or raise if you are beat.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hold on a minute, just because the cards are random doesn't mean they're fair, only that you cannot predict the sequence of future occurences- and unlike some of the articles mentioned, not every crooked hand has to be as obvious as AA vs KK, it can be very subtle.

Imagine a hypothetical distribution in a heads-up match where there are 3 possible shuffles: AA vs. 44 (board is 94337), AK vs. A6o (board is 862A5), and AhQh vs 7s4s (board is Qs9s4h7h2s). It doesn't matter if the hand is chosen randomly or not, the good player (who in this case has very poor short-term memory, probably from all of the bad beats he is taking) will never stand a chance vs. a fish.

How do you think sites can keep giving out bonuses if they don't make it back on the rake? I can see a small initial deposit bonus to get you hooked, but if they keep giving 25, 50, 100% reloads there's no way they can make anything off the site.

Personally, the only sites I would even consider playing are ones that have no or very rare/small bonuses, to avoid this problem. There was one site I used to play at that had this policy, but sadly it has joined the frenzy as well, good luck trying to win a pot there anymore.

Before I stopped playing I even dropped back down to nearly the very lowest limit games, and it was still straight downhill (usually after a small win to get my hopes up).

I know I'm not the greatest poker player that ever lived, but there is no way that an experienced, knowledgeable player should lose in these games for any significant period of time - imagine a 10 handicap golfer playing putt-putt against 2nd graders for 5 bucks a hole.

Ever see those auditor's letters "certifying" randomness? It's a one-pager saying they analyzed some site-provided hand history logs. Similar companies reviewed Enron and Worldcom's financial stetaments, and didn't have a problem with them, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the plot thickens...
Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 AM

Yep I think it was ProPoker.

Mike Haven(Mr.Moderater)is a [censored] idiot just like the orginal poster.
Do you see why?
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 AM

If he thinks online poker is rigged, he should try online chess. In my last game, I opened with a King's Gambit, which was accepted. He tried to use the Grunfeld Defense, which should not have, under any circumstance, worked in the situation, yet he STILL beat me. The ONLY possible explanation is that the game had been rigged to favor players who use that strategy.