Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2002, 12:43 AM

Default Re: I think you guys missed something

"So I guess what I'm saying is that the $5-5 blind PLH game plays in such a way, with such predictable steal opportunites in the range of $10 to $30 profit per steal, that a sufficiently motivated player could tread the prescribed $400 range for quite a while. That's all."

This is an interesting challenge. Enough steal opportunites to cover the expense of playing, as Ray pointed out?

I wanted you to straddle to add more of a test of your abilities at disipline - to counter somewhat the 2 to 1 odds on the money. $2000 for twenty hours? This is about half of what you expect to make at this game if you played "straight up". Not a bad win rate.

If you "know" most of the players or their playing style, and are in a tight and somewhat predictable game this could be accomplished by a number of people. Mmmmm - I am not sure of this last statement. I think many people would disagree. Good thing we are not talking seriously about the money.

-Zeno