Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Default QTs and a PT Question

Question

How do you guys maintain your databases with PT? I've heard different methods such as:
1) Have one database for all sites and all levels
2) Have a seperate database for each site, but have all levels for that site in that database
3) Have a seperate database for every level at every different site. So if I played .50/1 at stars, .50/1 at party and 1/2 at party I would have 3 databases.

Which is the best method and why do you think it is?

Hand

Table is a little loose and mostly passive. I only have 7 hands on the villian, so no real reads. I was basing my river play based on some imaginary online tell that may or may not exist. Villian usually acted pretty quickly on his hands. When it came back to him on the flop, he paused for nearly 6 seconds before just calling. I guessed that either he had left his computer or he was thinking about whether to call or continue with a check raise. When he 3 bet the turn, I really felt that he had either 2 pair or a set, not a bigger flush. When the board paired on the river, I thought about raising, but I would hate to get 3 bet here, so I just called.

Is that pause just too much to go on and I should have raised the river? Was calling too weak-tight? Comments? Am I crazy? (more than likely [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: QTs and a PT Question

I don't do any of those methods. I have 1 database for full ring play, all levels, all sites. I have a second for HU/6max play, all sites, and I have a 3rd for 2+2 tables, so I keep my uber-lag data separate. Some people also have separate databases for datamined hands.

On the hand, I think I'll put in one more raise on the river. Other than that, nice hand.