Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Card Player rulez!!!

The only benefit I can see to Card Player's coverage is that we won't remember any of this stuff when we see what really happened on TV. I mean with posts like this, how could we:

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 36 - Scott Lazar has the button in seat 8, and he ends up against Matusow in the big blind. The flop comes Ad-Qh-6d, Matusow checks, Lazar bets, and Matusow calls. The turn card is the Qs, and it's bet and called. The river card is the 9s, and it's unclear if there was any betting, but Lazar showed his cards, which included an ace, as he collected the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that it may be difficult to get hands right on the earlier days when there are 100+ tables in play, but come on there are 2 tables left and they are still missing tons of stuff. Normally their tournament coverage is decent (although I am really wondering about past accuracy now as well) so this WSOPME coverage has been a huge disappointment.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Card Player rulez!!!

This will ensure that the TV shows will still be interesting.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 AM

You've got to be kidding me. They give you about 75% of the details of every hand played at the feature table yesterday and you are complaining?!?! It's not as if they had unfettered access to the table, they had to watch all the action from a distance, and got most of the information from a monitor. Given that AND the fact that most of these hands took about 2 minutes max and they have to type and post all of them I'd say they did a pretty damn good job.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Better than nothing

Look at it this way- three years ago, we didn't have ANY of this to look at during the ME.

The reporting needs work, but I'll settle for it.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to be kidding me. They give you about 75% of the details of every hand played at the feature table yesterday and you are complaining?!?! It's not as if they had unfettered access to the table, they had to watch all the action from a distance, and got most of the information from a monitor. Given that AND the fact that most of these hands took about 2 minutes max and they have to type and post all of them I'd say they did a pretty damn good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

75%, that is extremely generous. They might be getting 50% accurate. Its not like this is the first major tournament they have covered either. If it was, then I wouldn't say anything. But Card Player has been covering major tournaments for a while now and for the most part got pretty good at it, including the vast majority of information (97% or more I would estimate). For the main event people are continually posting corrections to Card Players info from other, non-official sites, corrections that either make much more sense or that Card Player sometimes eventually corrects themself. And by making them the "official" home of WSOP info, the WSOP should be giving them much better access if their monitor is missing this much information. If they are only 5 feet away they should at least know the bet amounts on a regular basis.