Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 07:27 PM

Default AKo Preflop decision \\ JJ Hand

Table has been pretty passive. MP1 just sat down.
UTG - is a LAA
MP1 - is a tag, I have played alot with him and he seems to be a good player.

LAA raises, MP1 3 bets. I have AK in the SB. If a tag raised and another tag 3 bet, this is an easy fold correct? The problem I had was, MP1 is a really good player. He could easily be 3 betting to isolate the lag with hands like AQ,AJ,or 99. Im not sure if he is capable of making this play, but its definately a possibility. What would you guys do given my situation?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero ???

Hand 2

UTG+2 is LAA. I dont have a good read on the other 2 players. They seemed loose/passive but I only have played 2 orbits with them.

My question here is the flop play. Usually when Im the aggressor preflop, I like to bet out at the flop if it seems ragged enough that most of my opponents didn't hit it. This flop has 2 undercards, only one straight draw (needs 23,53, would have had to cold call with those hands preflop), no flush draws. I hate the ace on the flop, and I hate betting out at it. I cant see check/folding here. I think betting out gives me a better idea about the strength of my hand compared to theirs. What is the best line for my situation on the flop, and how was the rest of the hand?

Thanks

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

River: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
Old 07-14-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: AKo Preflop decision \\ JJ Hand

Hand 1: I'd consider cool calling to see if UTG caps. Alternatively, cap. I'm not folding. If you hit a K, tread somewhat carefully. If you hit an A, go nuts.

Hand 2: I bet the turn.