Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Another PokerTracker Question

I just moved up in limits and I made another database for my new level. Was this a good idea? Should I have just important all my new hands from my new level to my old database?

I took all my old instant hand histories out of my folder and moved them so I could use the autoimport feature. The problem is it somehow imported 800 hands from my old level. Is there any way to delete them? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Another PokerTracker Question

[ QUOTE ]
I just moved up in limits and I made another database for my new level. Was this a good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrug*

I don't see the point, since you can use filters to restrict which limits you're seeing. DISCLAIMER: I haven't bought the full version, so I'm basing my answer on the eval version.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:42 PM

Thats what I was thinking too, about using filters. I was having problems with the new database because it was freezing when trying to import hands. So I was wondering If I should of just kept one database for all my games.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Well, the downside is that if you want to sum your results across levels to get a "grand winrate" or something, I suppose you'll have to export them to somewhere now.

As for the DB freezing, I'm way beyond my knowledge of PT now (though I know a bit about MS Access, which it appears to be based on) but creating a new db just for test purposes seems reasonable.

I should probably be quiet now given limitations of my PT knowledge but if others here don't respond, the Software forum or PT's forum should be able to help. I've gotten fast replies from PT Pat even though I'm not yet a paying customer.