Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: What would you like to see at a new online poker site

RakeBack/Rewards: I know rakeback isnt everything, but 15%? Why even bother? You are doomed before the gates even open. Practically everyone here already gets or can get a minimum of 30% rakeback at any poker site out there: Party/Skins, PokerRoom, UB, Prima, Absolute, FullTilt, Crypto...

But anyway, lets hpothetically say that your marketing strategy buses in more fish then retards to the zoo. The players here will just join another room on your network for higher rakeback and abuse the players your team brings in.

Look at GamesGrid as a case study. They offered a phenomeonal bonus/prop program. Within two weeks they had more games going than Full Tilt. The buzz and site were growing so fast, they cut the VFP program a week later and two weeks after that.. ghost town. There was some discussion that the VFP was too good for the players and that the house was losing money. Perhaps so. But I think the program could have been engineered slightly better so the house wasnt operating in the red. A small profit is better than none. Microsoft took a loss on every XBOX sold to break into the video game market where every system that wasnt Sony or Nintendo went down in flames. The strategy worked.

I've read so many posts (many in this thread) that say Party got big through marketing. Bullshit. Maybe thats how the noobs who havent been around long enough remember it. The first players at Party will tell you that they were drawn to the site by the 10% interest they earned by keeping their bankroll at Party. That got money into the site and games going. The marketing came later. Thats how they took over Paradise.

Software/Graphics: see www.stackspoker.com I doubt you will be able to compete with that once they launch next month. The fish dont care if the SNG rounds are 6 minutes or 8 minutes, or 10 hands even. But those graphics are like a shiny object attached to a hook wriggling around in cyberspace.

Anyway, if you can't compete in the rakeback or player rewards department... And you can't compete in the graphics/software department... and Party and Stars have the traffic and best games locked up... what level do do you feel like you are going to compete on?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:22 AM

"Rabbit Hunting" would be a phenomenal feature to add to any poker room. Along with that, offer dealers choice games like "Follow the Bitch", "Baseball", "Dueces Wild" etc and you would attract even more recreational Wednesday night poker players.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Cash Back Points

Imagine something exactly like Pokerstars FPP, except you can convert them into cash. 25-30 points = $1 cash.
With that said, make sure the points build up just as fast as they do on stars.

If you built a proper point system with cash back, it would work exactly like a rakeback (without the need for a third party)

Or hell better yet, Just lower rake. Take 50% less from each pot that other sites take (across all limits)
Old 10-22-2005, 03:55 AM

yeah a good rakeback that is easy to sign up for would be key.another thing i thought of was how bout a real good side bet feature? not just like how party poker has betting on the suit but like many different kinds of side bets, like at a sit n go, a side bet of who will get knocked out first (saying people can't vote for themselves). i think that would be fun, but my best idea i have has got to be that rabbit hole card.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:39 PM

Offer many small freerolls and also micro-limit ring games, this will get the play money players converted to real money.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah a good rakeback that is easy to sign up for would be key.another thing i thought of was how bout a real good side bet feature? not just like how party poker has betting on the suit but like many different kinds of side bets, like at a sit n go, a side bet of who will get knocked out first (saying people can't vote for themselves). i think that would be fun, but my best idea i have has got to be that rabbit hole card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just have more morons like IlliniLou who just want to gamble.