Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Party 500k hand Equal vs. MLG... I want his BB!

[ QUOTE ]
I had Q8s

[/ QUOTE ]

So we both had crap but I blinked first. You may have won this battle MLG, but I'll win the war!

*shakes fist, laughs menacingly*
Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 PM

soooted
Old 08-19-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF: Against MLG, I might just open limp (I've been experimenting with limping/betting any flop and it seems to work OK) or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the sound of this a lot. I never really thought to do this when folded to on the button with a hand I'd probably raise with most time, especially with an aggressive player in the BB.

I don't mean to sound ignorant (I am new to the MTT section of this board), but who is MLG? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 PM

Haven't read about half the posts but figured I'd post my thoughts on this and hopefully someone can tell me if I'm close:
A flat call on a board like that can be a lot scarier than a push, and if MLG pushes the turn you can be pretty sure he has you, especially after this flop min-raise.

But I think checking the flop and min-raising turn if he bets or value-betting if he doesn't would indicate a lot more strength that just auto-betting that flop. I mean, if you had AK/AA/9x/KQ, would you immideatly bet that flop and blow him off a hand, or would you normally let him take a stab at it on the turn? There's simply not many cards you would be afraid of.
Kirk
Old 08-20-2005, 04:20 PM

I just want to thank MLG for taking the time to answer a few of my questions regarding this and another hand. It was definitely an unselfish thing to do for someone he's never met. You don't often get to hear all about the other side of the story when you play a hand so I really appreciate this opportunity.