Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Hangin with Kristy Gazes

I would put her on a speculative drawing hand that does well multiway like JT/QJs or something like 66. I like how you played the flop.

On the turn I would lead for approximately 2/3 the pot and play poker from there.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:23 AM

66 or 88 pop to mind. Some hands like 78 or maybe JT spades are also possible. Anyway, you get the idea, that family of hand strength. 89 is one of a small handful of possibilities I'd be worried about. But there are a lot more hands that don't call the turn. So I bet about 500 on the turn and expect a fold.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn I would lead for approximately 2/3 the pot and play poker from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If she has an overpair and you lead she may raise to see where she's at, and I have to fold fhere too (or she may raise w/ air to see if you're for real)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not enough money for her to raise the turn to "see where she's at" or "see if he's for real." Not to mention that I don't think an overpair is very likely anyway.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
66 or 88 pop to mind. Some hands like 78 or maybe JT spades are also possible. Anyway, you get the idea, that family of hand strength. 89 is one of a small handful of possibilities I'd be worried about. But there are a lot more hands that don't call the turn. So I bet about 500 on the turn and expect a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

End of thread.. I supposed she could turn up something crazy but IMO El D has hit almost 100% of the hands that she could have. I guess something like J9s could also be in her wheelhouse, but IMO TP might give you a little more action on the flop because it likely hit the board in more ways than just TP.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:38 AM

What do you make of her preflop raise? a few things come to mind.

MLG limps from EP, possible that he reraises with a hand that he was trying to trap with (although a play best used against an unknown donk, not someone you respect)

She knows MLG is aggressive and wants to build a pot that he will feel like coming after with a speculative hand that she could bust him with. 22-99, JTs-KQs, Axs.

Regardless of here hand, with fairly deep stacks she feels that she will have a big edge against MLGs range of limping hands based on her position.

I use plays like this at low level pot limit games with a single limper, especially if they are the type that will lead out small and quickly retreat. A great way to add a few extra big blinds. I am very curious to what good players think of her bet here
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 02:33 AM

I think the miniraise is because she doesn't know what to make of your UTG limp. She wants to isolate but doesnt have a hand that can stand a big raise.

I rule out big pairs because she would have rereraised dippy.
I think mid and small pairs are unlikely because she would call for set value.

That leave AK, AQ, AJs, KQs (she may be miniraising to see where she's at, and protect her hand after the flop, and to see if you have a pr that you can't raise with, or something speculative, rather than a premium hand)

She calls the flop bet because she has you on a speculative hand or a pair. And probably figures it will be difficult for you to bet the turn.

I would think she has to have at least the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in her hand, just to know that you didn't limp A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-rag.

I think the flush draws look likely. I like AJ-AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think her flat call tells me quite a bit. Almost all made hands will raise this very draw heavy flop, as well a good deal of strong draws. I think he call tells my quite reliably that she has a very mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that certain made hands would probably raise that flop -- namely overpairs, 88, and 66 -- but if she had 99, 77, or 55 would she really raise here instead of the turn (obviously 99 is unlikely given the as-of-yet unknown turn)? again, i think you can rule out overcards (except maybe JTs) flatcalling that flop but that's about it ... if she has a gutshot straight draw with a pair or two overcards, she might not be raising simply because she doesn't want to get reraised out of the pot, especially since it's still early in the tourney.

so when do we find out what she had?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
without any further reads, i'd probably put her on a medium pocket pair rather than just 2 big cards ... on the other hand, that's a pretty good flop for a medium pair -- she either has trips or a straight draw -- so she probably figures she's got the best hand and/or draw and can afford to slowplay against you.

[/ QUOTE ]