Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Transitioning from full-ring to 6-max

Ok, so I'm sure some type of post like this has been done but I have been unable to find one. I am a 400NL player looking to transition to 200NL 6-max until I get the hang of it and then moving up in limits. I haven't played a 6-max game in quite some time(March/April) and that was a $100NL 6-max table. I had a 9+PTBB/100 running about 1500 hands(small sample i know). Anyways I have decided to keep me sane I'm going to try mixing in different games, tournaments, etc.. I don't really remember too much about the style I took when playing 100 6-max but do know it was successful.

I have included an image of my stats for both limits. I realize that you're going to think "This sample size is way too small" but its just intended to spark some conversation. I also do know that I got involved in some pots I didn't feel comfortable in. I think the most obvious flaw is my VPIP as I'm involved in way too many hands. Do you play a mostly TAG style in these rooms? Is my PFR too high? I seem to raise any connectors or big cards. I was hoping some of you could give me a few tips in transitioning my game to a 6-max table. I'm also going to go through and pick out a few hand histories I think could use some looking at.

Thanks in advance and I hope this type of post doesn't bother too many of you,
-Ace

Note: If image doesn't load, my ISP has been giving me some issues, particularly around 5-7PM EST.