Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 12:34 AM

Default SNG\'s.... to good to be true?

After making another killing today at a ROI you wouldn't believe, and i dont care to mention (small sample size i know), just 4 tabling the 20+2 SNG's, are they just to good to be true...

You know when you have a really good dream, right? Then you wake up and think fcuk, its not real and then there is that instant disapointment... i compare it to SNG's except it's not a dream, it's real. Money shouldn't be this easy to make! Is anyone else getting paranoid that its all going to end soon, because making money shouldn't be this easy?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: SNG\'s.... to good to be true?

Enjoy
Old 09-04-2005, 01:02 AM

thanks Leonard for the link. Depressing article, but has confirmed what i thought all along.. there's only so much money these idiots can throw away before they start getting better and the games get a lot tougher then they are now (lets face it, they can't get any softer?). I think everyone on this forum should make a pact to never coach or give good advice. Lets keep the status quo going for as long as possible, because this "easy" money is not going to last for ever.. and forums like this can only bring the end, sooner rather then later. If i had my way, 2+2 would be shut down now (i'm serious!).
Old 09-04-2005, 01:04 AM

Did you master poker all by yourself?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you master poker all by yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he's not even that good.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:07 AM

ooooooooooo....somebodies on a heater
Old 09-04-2005, 01:26 AM

i've been playing for about a year. Started off playing mainly 6 handed NL. Was pretty terrible at it looking back (although thought i was good at the time). I was super loose aggresive.. i just couldn't let a pot go without bluffing it... re-re-raise ahoy!).. it worked sometimes but got caned alot as well.. Moved to ring games, and was using the same tactic [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], but quickly realised playing tight was the the way to go... thats when the profits started coming in. Then tried my luck on SNG's and after a few hundred was winning consistently without the help of any forums.. i admit reading 2+2 has helped me plug some leaks, but i was already on the right track before i ever came across this forum (i.e was playing fairly tight/weak early, and pushing when the blinds were worth taking).

I've had some horrible downswings (looking back, alot of it my fault i.e making adjustments especially at the bubble that i didn't realise i was doing), but i'm at a stage now where i just can't see where i can improve my SNG game? Sound arrogant?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:29 AM

yes, i admit i'm on a heater, but still, party SNG's are so easy!
Old 09-04-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but i'm at a stage now where i just can't see where i can improve my SNG game? Sound arrogant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cue the giant boatload of karma coming your way.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:35 AM

I take it we will never hear a bad beat post or b*tching from you, EVER.
Closed Thread