Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: SNG\'s.... to good to be true?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, you saw that thread about pushing with TT level 1. Was just trying to give bad advice. I wouldn't dream about doing that L1 and i agree that was a fold. Just trying to indirectly make the games even more softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either:

1) You really meant what you said about pushing TT and you suck at poker and you are just a troll, or

2) You are being honest when you say that you purposely gave bad advice and you are just a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think no 2 applies. Okay, i'm a troll, if that's what you want to call me, but why would you want to give good advice? Does it give you a warm glowing feeling inside? Probably, but it will indirectly harm you ROI even if it is by a tiny percentage.

Imagine you actually come across that player who was questioning whether to call a raise of 80 with TT l1 and the same situation arises. You raise to 80 with KK, and he has TT in front of him, thanks to your advice he then folds rather then pushes. This will have an impact on your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are disgusting
Old 09-04-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's sad that everyone here is criticizing this guy without knowing any facts. I'd like to see this guy's numbers (ROI and # of tournaments played) before I have an opinion.

Oh, and I agree this guy is a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you and many others actually took the time to read my posts you'd realise this isn't meant to be a brag about how well i'm doing, it was more to say i really don't believe the money can be this easy. As for stats:

200s - played 1 and finished 4th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
100s - never played
50s - played 26 ROI 46%
30s - played 32 ROI -2%
20s - played 1237 ROI 24%
10s - played 2134 ROI 17%
5s - played 376 ROI 34%

I've already said that i've had massive downswings (dropped 60 buyins at the 20's about 4-6 months ago). Was depressing but i was making small adjustments i wasn't aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of players with that kind of results posting here. No one except you claim to play perfect poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please pinpoint for me where i claimed i was playing perfect poker? I did say i was struggling to find areas to improve, but that is hardly the same thing is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

"i'm at a stage now where i just can't see where i can improve my SNG game? Sound arrogant?" Unimprovable is usually what we refer to as perfect.

Of course it is not only possible, but likely, that just because you can't see it there are still tonnes of holes in your game. People on heaters usually tend to get infected by megalomania.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man... how many times do i have to say it?? Just because i said i can't see any room for improvement doesn;t mean that there categorically isnt any room for improvement. So no, i don't believe i'mn playing perfect poker, although i have to admit i don't reckon i'm that far off playing optimally for the conditions i'm under (i.e 4 tabling 22s). As i've already said a godzillion times when i move up, then i will probably have to adjust (which means improving), but i'm sure you need slightly different strategies at the 22's compared to the 100's to play close to optimal.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, you saw that thread about pushing with TT level 1. Was just trying to give bad advice. I wouldn't dream about doing that L1 and i agree that was a fold. Just trying to indirectly make the games even more softer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either:

1) You really meant what you said about pushing TT and you suck at poker and you are just a troll, or

2) You are being honest when you say that you purposely gave bad advice and you are just a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think no 2 applies. Okay, i'm a troll, if that's what you want to call me, but why would you want to give good advice? Does it give you a warm glowing feeling inside? Probably, but it will indirectly harm you ROI even if it is by a tiny percentage.

Imagine you actually come across that player who was questioning whether to call a raise of 80 with TT l1 and the same situation arises. You raise to 80 with KK, and he has TT in front of him, thanks to your advice he then folds rather then pushes. This will have an impact on your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm disgusting??? Well then there is case for saying EVERY good poker player is disgusting for simply playing on a table where they know there is a good chance they are going to be taking other people's hard earned money off them.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm disgusting??? Well then there is case for saying EVERY good poker player is disgusting for simply playing on a table where they know there is a good chance they are going to be taking other people's hard earned money off them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh c'mon! I'm pretty sure you have read books or this forum or stuff. Other people have helped you! Misleading and giving bad info is just disgusting and stupid. If some one is gonna become a good poker player they are going to get the info anyway. Giving other people good info is NOT going to hurt your ROI. There are still plenty of fish left.

I'm not saying that you should educate every player you meet but if someone has found 2+2 I bet they are decent players already or at least becoming one. You giving bad info won't affect that.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
At the poker table everything is clear for everyone; its a game of money. If you join you hope to win money from other players.
To give bad advice and misleading someone outside
the poker table, is only going to accomplish a bad reputation for us.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fairness, I don't believe it's possible for you to give deliberately bad advice to anyone anyway.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh c'mon! I'm pretty sure you have read books or this forum or stuff. Other people have helped you! Misleading and giving bad info is just disgusting and stupid. If some one is gonna become a good poker player they are going to get the info anyway. Giving other people good info is NOT going to hurt your ROI. There are still plenty of fish left.

I'm not saying that you should educate every player you meet but if someone has found 2+2 I bet they are decent players already or at least becoming one. You giving bad info won't affect that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be argued gambling and playing poker is morally wrong, so i'm not going to start getting all moralistic about how i choose to discuss poker either.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fairness, I don't believe it's possible for you to give deliberately bad advice to anyone anyway.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefeet, i seem to remember you suggesting to push TT over the top of a raise l1 (think you came out with some baloney about fold TT is too weak at the 11s). Were you intentionally giving bad advice as well, or do you really believe this to be the correct way to play this hand?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[So no, i don't believe i'mn playing perfect poker, although i have to admit i don't reckon i'm that far off playing optimally for the conditions i'm under (i.e 4 tabling 22s).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are tedious. You are going on my ignore list.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It can be argued gambling and playing poker is morally wrong, so i'm not going to start getting all moralistic about how i choose to discuss poker either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just admit it that you were giving REAL info in that topic whatever it was. Now someone told you that it was bad, all of a sudden you say "I was giving bad info on purpose". Nobody is perfect. It's not a big deal, you can admit you were wrong and people here might start treating you nice. Now you're just making a clown out of yourself.
Closed Thread