Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Hand reading 201, part 1

Hero could have 33,22,QQ,JJ, a combo draw like K10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],910[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], etc. I don't really see hero having much else besides either a set/super draw. FE may be higher because villan is tight.

Intrested to see the results.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero could have 33,22,QQ,JJ, a combo draw like K10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],910[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], etc. I don't really see hero having much else besides either a set/super draw. FE may be higher because villan is tight.

Intrested to see the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just say hero trusted his read of villain's line here, and has none of the hands you mentioned, although you're htinking along the right path
Old 11-06-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....for a set, thats a weird, weird way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. I don't see why you assume he's going to checkraise with a set most of the time when he has no reason to believe you're going to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fair fair, he easily could have a set. However, I think he percieved me as betting every street, so he'd get a chance to c/r pop all in. To me, because I was not checking turns, a bet ment he wanted to dictate how much money went in, not me.

Once I raise the flop, I think he thinks I have top pair or a bluff, and sometimes a semibluff or underpair etc.
[ QUOTE ]

Your flop raise could easily be spades, a straight draw, or a combo draw that will check behind on the turn and take the free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right (read above).

but also, since I was so LAGGY, isn't pure bluff in the mix there? A stop&go basically shuts all that element out, so for hero to push, he actuallys needs a big hand or draw. (or if he cold calls, it's likely a big draw that doesnt rate good FE) So to me it seems as a stop&go is both a protectionary and informative bet.

A set, once again, is a possible hand for villain, it just seemed a very low %. I also dont think he'd lead in smallish with a set on the flop, because Hero could very well just call here, whereas if he checked the flop, Hero would make a bigger bet into the pot...

*Really it's just if he played the flop differently, (either led more into the pot, or checkraised, or even check/called quickly then led the turn, which is typically a weak line as well) then his turn bet would mean more to me. It's just a matter of intrepretaiton.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:53 AM

guess no one is interested. I had 64[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he folded, as I thought he would. Probably a stupid move, but I thought it was +EV.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guess no one is interested. I had 64[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he folded, as I thought he would. Probably a stupid move, but I thought it was +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a f-ing maniac.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a f-ing maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes the deck smiles at me, other times...
Old 11-07-2005, 02:09 AM

gotta win every pot
Old 11-07-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given you opened on the button, I don't try to represent an overpair/set, trying to move some one off top pair
Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Given what you actually had, his play was close to flawless (other than the fold of course) if he had a set.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a. What is Villains most likely type of hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
One pair. Probably top pair decent kicker.
[ QUOTE ]

b. What are the likely hands in Villains' hand range?

[/ QUOTE ] Could be a draw, a set, two pair, whatever but most likely a Q for sure. Probably AQ/KQ.
[ QUOTE ]

c. What hands does Villain need to call a push?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bottom pair no kicker.