Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 88 on the button

I'd likely raise the turn, call if 3-bet, call a river bet U/I, raise if improved (obviously).

Given that hero called the turn, is there anything wrong with simply calling the river, rather than raising? If 3-bet, it looks to me hero almost has to fold (is sb seriously 3-betting anything we beat?), but I'd likely call (though I'm not sure I raise the river U/I so the situation wouldn't even come up if I take my call down line).
Old 12-12-2005, 05:56 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
why raise the river and not the turn?

if were ahead, raising the turn charges draws, but then again we have to call a 3-bet because we most likely have outs if were behind, id probly end up calling a 3-bet here too, but i dont really see what dude could be 3-betting that we beat on the river

i dont know, id raise the turn, but id like to hear your reasoning behind waiting till the river, maybe you think he folds a king on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the turn i would have to call a 3 bet. on the river i won't. i like the idea of raising the turn from the perspective that if i am behind i do have outs to improve and therefore i have some "suck out" equity. raising the river may be putting in more money than i have to with a dead hand, but i can fold to a 3 bet at that point. also river raises can scare better hands into only calling at times. also, i may actually have fold equity on the river if he put me on a single club initially seeing as how i slowed down after capping the flop, but then change his read because a river raise may smell like he has been slowrolled by a monster. so i chose to raise/fold because i think i am ahead often enough to get that extra bet in, i think my chances of folding a better hand may slightly exist, and primarily the scary board may deter a 3 bet from all but hands by which i am 100% beaten. i don't know if i liked it so thats why i posted it. i would like to hear some more thoughts.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:05 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
where did you get this river play?? just call man. so he just calls with Q-hi flush and you lose 2 bets, or he 3 bets A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or KT and you fold a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA would 3 bet preflop. only a lunatic 3 bets K10 on this river.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM

After you cap the flop and villain bets out on the turn, it looks like he doesn't have a flush. If he had AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he probably would check-raise the turn. But KK/TT looks reasonable. If I'm going to put in a raise, it will be on the turn, calling a 3-bet and 1 river bet. I wouldnt want to fold this hand given the possibility of AA or AK with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So 3-4 bets is about all I want to put in on the turn and river. Difficult situation, but I wouldn't want to have to fold this hand, and don't mind sacrificing value to do that.