Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Default AK soooooooted

full tilt $10 dolla, 8 handed, level 2 blinds 20/40

hero t1775

villain #1 has t2105 because hes a loose preflop (open limps K2o) and hit a K when another hit a Q and check/called villain #1's bets.

villain #2 has 3215 by doubling through on the first hand with AA vs 88.

villain #1 limps, 2 folds, villain #2 limps, 2 folds, hero raises to 200, bb folds, both villains call.

3 to the flop for slightly over 600 chips:
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 280, villain #1 calls, villain #2 folds

heads up to the turn for about 1200 chips:
[J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

hero?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: AK soooooooted

I hate this flop. I think you need to bet stronger on the turn to see where you stand ~450-500 should be sufficient.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:40 PM

i hate this flop too but i hate the turn more. and i was deciding whether i should just push the flop or put in a smaller continuation bet. i wasnt going to throw in 600 since its half my chips and since i had two villains i opted for the smaller bet.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:43 PM

do recall the blinds?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM

20/40 sorry. limps were 40 chips.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:51 PM

I think w/ even one super LAG in the hand, I push if it's a choice between a weak continuation bet and a push.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:58 PM

sorry if you think there is a LAG in the hand. i didnt mean anything like that with my reads.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Uhh, anyone that limps K2o from EP and then gets 600 chips in the middle leading out the whole way is LAG in my book.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:05 PM

he actually ended up in position against a blind in that hand but okay.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 PM

Deep stacked, healthy stacks, I don't see TT, JJ, probably not even AQ limping PF here. KJ, KT...from your description, maybe...

I'm trying to reason an open push on this flop. One reason not to, is the risk of ruin situation obviously...'blind' pushing. The other might foresake value. With our healthy PF raise + 2 callers, we have already accumlated a great deal of value (a pot now equivalent to 40% of our stack). From that stand point alone, I have no problem NOT continuing to the turn for value's sake.

The only question is - can you lead an amount that protects your hand, gives bad odds for a draw to continue while gaining substantial value, and obtains the information needed for an exit consideration...all without fully committing yourself to the hand?

But could you consider folding? If this better lead is t400+, could we fold our last 1.1k getting 2:1 with TPTK, 3 outs to over take 2-pair, 4 outs for the nut straight? Not likely.

So, I'm going broke on the flop. Now prepared to go broke, do we consider trying to get more value from the hand? If we're behind on flop, it is HIGHLY likely we are getting raised AI anyway. If we're ahead on the flop, what hands could even consider calling a SUBSTANTIAL c-bet? A "Q", a weaker "K" maybe.

Pushing this flop is fine IMO, as you might just get your call from those anyway. But I'd consider near potting this thing (t500ish), giving him horrendous odds to chase the 7, or 3 outer, pushing any turn.

Ps. Lost somewhere in there is the point that IMO you lead far too weak OOP on this board.