Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Diablo

I'd check-call the flop. I'd probably do something different on the turn. Having gotten to the river the way he did, I like the river bet.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:57 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: commerce hand

... it's just ashame you'll be bust soon and then follow the trend and post only in the internet forum

holy [censored]. so that's where they come from...
Old 10-19-2004, 11:01 PM

For what it's worth, and it may be somewhat relevant here, your image in this game is of someone who brings a lot of Mama's money to the table. Not saying this is fair or accurate, just a fact. Board pairs, slight overbet of pot, time to move on to next hand. You may have an interesting story to tell in this one instance, but calling the turn in this situation is a loser in the long run. The idea is not to make brilliant or interesting moves, the idea is to win. By the way, unless you think the amount of his turn bet was sheer coincidence, this should give you a clue that he knows what he's doing.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 PM

7 or 8 of us see:

nice game selection.

He keeps straightening his chips and bills or subtly adjusting his fan when my arm gets too close.

this may be the most important part of the post. the guy is probably someone who plays well, but tries to play too good.

Those types of guys look for spots to make good laydowns, and this is a great spot for one.

I'd say you have a pretty good shot at taken this one down.

results Gab?

fsuplayer
Old 10-19-2004, 11:40 PM

gog. you are finally starting to lose it my boy. you needed to dump on 4th. too likely he is full. i am sorry for your new condition. but i can see how it developed talking so much with diablo.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gog. you are finally starting to lose it my boy. you needed to dump on 4th. too likely he is full. i am sorry for your new condition. but i can see how it developed talking so much with diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the slight overbet strike anyone else with the feeling that its unlikely he is full? If that were the case wouldnt he like to entice someone to call and make their draw? If he'd lay down an A or AT, the play seems credible.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:34 AM

I can imagine that at a certain level the players become trickier, and that a relatively small bet might come across as exactly what it is: a milk bet.

But i'm just guessing.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 AM

Looks like AK clubs or AK/AQ diamonds to me. If he thought a while on the turn, i'd say AK clubs, otherwise AQ diamonds.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ole!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like AK clubs or AK/AQ diamonds to me. If he thought a while on the turn, i'd say AK clubs, otherwise AQ diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ace of diamonds is on the board. Also, these are limping hands?