Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Weaker play at the 2 and 3 table sng\'s?

I play the 20s and 30s and occaisonally play a 2 or 3 table sng's while I am playing a couple of 1 table ones. I have noticed that the play at these seems to be weaker then the play at the 1 table sng's. Anyone else experience this?

Also, since they take longer to play, how much weaker would the competition have to be to allow you to make the same amount of money over time. I am guessing that play would have to be quite a bit weaker, because the tournaments take quite a bit longer to finish. Still though, it's great getting heads up in these things, because you actually have a semi-deep stack and there is some play left rather then just push/fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Weaker play at the 2 and 3 table sng\'s?

I don't play them, so it must be weaker.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Weaker play at the 2 and 3 table sng\'s?

Well the play there will obviously be weaker. You don't have to put up with many serious players or pros.

Also, the PP website says they don't offer stakes above $22, which gives serious players less reason to do this. Probally better used as training grounds for larger MTTs??

Anyway, you'd probally need twice the ROI to make the same amount as you would at the STTs. Even then the STTs are clearly in front thanks to much lower variance. Who knows what sort of ROI is possible though.