Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Craziness ensues after first MTT win! I just want to show MOM!!!!!!!!

Won my first MTT tonight. My mom had finished telling me to get my car payments paid tomorrow, so I better win, before she went to bed. So I figure I gotta put the screenshot on the fridge. So, I can't copy my screenshot on my computer, and I have no printer. So someone who was watching sent me the screenshot to my e-mail. So I went downstairs to print it when all that was figured out. The computer downstairs does not work. Damn. I try it again, restarting it, and it works! This is like a 1932 computer downstairs. I go to print, and it won't print. I go thru this setup printer thing, and still nothing. It's like 30 minutes after the tourney and I can't print it. So I call one of my friends who lives pretty close and he's always up late, but his printer doesn't work. So I get on IM to see what the heck I can do. No one on. I call my brother who's at a party.(for the 3rd time, first 2 to see what the heck was wrong with the computer, then printer.) He's almost home, and one of the guys hes with lives a street away. So I see if he has a printer, and he does. So I drive my drunk brother and his drunk friend to his house, and I print it out. YES! NO!!!!!!! It does not show the finishing places, they all got cut off! He has a really old computer, and we finally landscape print it after tryin all sorts of things and finally get it. Told him I'd buy him dinner Friday at Turning Stone. So I finally go home, and get it up on the fridge. I moved everything that was on the fridge to the bottom. I then put the screenshot right in the middle of the fridge. Then my bro created arrows with some paper, and they are on each side of it pointing to it. The fridge is a masterpiece.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Craziness ensues after first MTT win! I just want to show MOM!!!!

Snowbank, which tourney was it? I am drunk and may have missed it, but thought I would ask anyway.

P.S. Congrats man! Great feeling huh?

~Justin
Old 01-04-2005, 04:21 AM

Thanks. Ya, definitely a great feeling. I don't play tournies much, and I got 5th in the same tourney last night, so it was great to win it. It was the $22 heads-up NL tourney.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:27 AM

Oh wow, that was actually my first win ever too, $768 if i remember correctly, actually won the night one then the day one the next day, just a thought, maybe you should play tomorrow, it was $1K for me in 24hours.
~Justin
Old 01-04-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Craziness ensues after first MTT win! I just want to show MOM!!!!!!!!

good job dude.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:46 AM

Good deal man, I know the feeling. Heck, I didn't even win a MTT yet, I only placed 2nd last week, but the 3k payoff was very nice!! It's an amazing feeling, can't wait for my next big money payoff.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Craziness ensues after first MTT win! I just want to show MOM!!!!!!!!

Good job...great feeling to finally break through. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Smallstake
Old 01-04-2005, 07:43 PM

actually won the night one then the day one the next day, just a thought, maybe you should play tomorrow

I'm going to try to play tonight's. Was gone all day, so couldn't play the day one.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:46 PM

Thanks. Ya, very good feeling especially after busting out the night before in 5th. Not the high stakes tournies you play yet, but gimme some time and I'm sure we'll meet up at the final table of a tourney soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]