Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 04:00 PM

Default $11 stats, thinking of moving to $22s

I just finished playing 1000 10+1 SNG's. I am 39% ITM with a %20 ROI (is this a low ROI for the % I am in the money?). I am not new to playing SNG's but in the past I did not keep records of my play.

I am currently 4 tabling the 11s and was wondering if it would be feasible for me to move up to the 22s while maintaining a similar ROI. Are the 22s much more difficult to play than the 11s? Should I play the same way in the 22s as I do in the 11s, or are their strategical adjustments that should be made for the higher buy-in. Any insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Feel free to make fun of me and tell me how stupid I am, just include the reasons I am stupid so I can learn from my mistakes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: $11 stats, thinking of moving to $22s

How and why the hell do people stay at that level for so long? Think about your opportunity cost. It's like staying at $0.50/1 for 100k hands.. such a waste of time when you can wreck 1/2 for a similar win rate.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How and why the hell do people stay at that level for so long? Think about your opportunity cost. It's like staying at $0.50/1 for 100k hands.. such a waste of time when you can wreck 1/2 for a similar win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it you think he should move up?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the 22s much more difficult to play than the 11s? Should I play the same way in the 22s as I do in the 11s, or are their strategical adjustments that should be made for the higher buy-in.

P.S. Feel free to make fun of me and tell me how stupid I am, just include the reasons I am stupid so I can learn from my mistakes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you could, you know, play a few and find this stuff out pretty quickly.

c
Old 12-01-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you could, you know, play a few and find this stuff out pretty quickly.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I love this one -- it never gets old.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM

I am not qualified to answer any of the questions you asked, but I will ask one of my own.

Is there any reason not to substitute one or two $22s for the $11s you are playing and see what the story is? Or single or 2-table the $22s to get a feel for them? I am only asking because I had always thought that moving up would be a kind of gradual transition for me (if it ever happens), but it sounds like you are thinking of just going cold turkey.

Edit to say I type too slow.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:20 PM

You've made like $2500, I think you can survive losing $22 or even $44. Stats are worthless for answering your question.

ROI vs. ITM is not a very important point. You have a good ROI. That's all that matters. Finishing in the money a lot is a symptom, ROI is the disease. And strategical is redundant, the adjective form of strategy is strategic.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're stupid because you haven't tried the $22s for yourself, yet. You're stupid because you think others' experiences moving from the $11s to the $22s will be the same as yours. You're stupid because this question gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same (with varying dgrees of friendliness): try it.

Is that what you were looking for?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:24 PM

you don't do well on the choreography, but you did ok on the technical marks.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're stupid because you haven't tried the $22s for yourself, yet. You're stupid because you think others' experiences moving from the $11s to the $22s will be the same as yours. You're stupid because this question gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same (with varying dgrees of friendliness): try it.

Is that what you were looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the feeling of community and sharing is overwhelming.