Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Should I Feel Good About This Laydown?

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

check flop, check turn is a big sign saying 'i dont like this board, i probably have a missed AK on the flop'

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a c-bet on this flop prices me in for my straight draw anyway. That's why I'd rather check to see if I can hit my straight for cheap on a board that most likely gave someone at least top pair.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do we think of the flop check here? Should he have led with a continuation bet? He may be able to represent an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have to check the flop. JJ, QQ and KK are not folding. Anyone stupid enough to call preflop with AQ is not folding. The chances that both of your opponents have a foldable hand (basically AK and an underpair) is slim.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do we think of the flop check here? Should he have led with a continuation bet? He may be able to represent an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have to check the flop. JJ, QQ and KK are not folding. Anyone stupid enough to call preflop with AQ is not folding. The chances that both of your opponents have a foldable hand (basically AK and an underpair) is slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. With two people calling $20 preflop, I'm thinking there's a high probability one of them has JJ or QQ.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Default RESULTS

Villain said he JJ for a set of Jacks. Who knows if he was telling the truth.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like most of us agree that this board is too scary to bet into 2 callers of reraises.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:09 PM

And another thing is that this hand is obviously going to get real expensive. You could very well have to put your whole on the line before it's all done with. Do you really want to do that here? You're probably already behind and I certainly wouldn't want to play for my whole stack in this situation. Seems like a clear fold.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

check flop, check turn is a big sign saying 'i dont like this board, i probably have a missed AK on the flop'

[/ QUOTE ]
You really bet this flop? I don't get it.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:05 PM

No way do you bet this flop. You've raised massive preflop and got two callers. What are we hoping they have? AK and TT? One of them problably hit the board at least enough to call and theres a good chance a monster is outthere.

Nice laydown.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 PM

this is played fine.

occasionally you will lose your preflop reraise when you do it with AK but the majority of time, I've found a reraise with AK to be more profitable than a smoothcall.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Anyone care to comment on what Enthusiast said...that the re-raise preflop was high? I felt it was as well....and is the only thing I probably do different.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 AM

yep, folding is correct. no need to be risky. youre probably losig.