Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Then this happens.

I am LAAAgin it up.
MP1 is super weak, super tight (8/0) and has been dropping hands to any aggression all night. Then this happens....

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero ?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Then this happens.

Raise again. If a non spade drops bet again and call a raise.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am LAAAgin it up.
MP1 is super weak, super tight (8/0) and has been dropping hands to any aggression all night. Then this happens....

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

With two donks in there, I think I can find another raise. Even though your read is super weak, super tight, his play is not absurd if he limped AKo with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He might also have limped in with KK. The reason I'm not so concerned with Axs is beacuse if he really is 8/0, there aren't many Axs hands that he could possibly be playing.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:06 PM

Hes weak tight, i'm going to assume he has some poker knowledge(tightness) so could be raising set for value(4players/Dead money) or the flush... or 2pair(thinking hes ahead?).

Think its a bit early to place him on nuts flush right now.

After the turn raise, 3bet him(For info really). Call down a cap(Smells flush).

Don't think we need to thin the field, flush over flush with no agression show seems unlikly... and Mp1 holds it if anyone?

so 3bet, call down a cap.
Bet river if he calls, call a raise.

I dont see him capping a crap hand so Flush(maybe K high), Set(for value) with your "weak tight" read will be my read.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm going to disagree with the others and say that if your read is solid, then you should call because there are 3 higher flushes than you, and he can see them spades up there as easily as you can.

I don't agree that he could be doing this with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K. That's not fitting the read at all.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am LAAAgin it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more reason to lead the flop with a vulnerable holding. You can't count on anyone betting, and giving a higher spade a free card would be shitty
Old 09-17-2005, 02:15 PM

First off, I would have led out with a bet on the flop. You would have hated it if the flop had been checked through and a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fell on the turn.

I would call down MP1's turn raise. Its possible from the way he has bet, that he may have a higher made flush than you.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with the others and say that if your read is solid, then you should call because there are 3 higher flushes than you, and he can see them spades up there as easily as you can.

I don't agree that he could be doing this with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K. That's not fitting the read at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero is really coming off like a LAG, villain could very easily be thinking he's got the best hand AND the best draw. Players this tight (8/0) get so few hands to play that when they flop something big (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K is a big hand), they tend to overplay it. If this were heads up, I'm more inclined to play with more caution. But with two other donks in the pot, I think you've got to gamble and throw in one more. If you've only got the best hand at the showdown 33% of the time, you still make money by raising again.

Don't forget that KK is also a possibility. I don't know why my mind keeps getting drawn to that hand.