Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Heads Up Woes

Just push every hand.
problem solved.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:32 PM

Have you or anyone else actually tried this. I would be interested to know how it worked out.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:38 PM

With blinds 300/600 ,5000 chips each player...pushing every hand wins 44% of the time should the oponent play PERFECTLY. Just use the search function.
anyway pushing every hand is a good start to playing a good heads-up game on sngs.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:00 PM

my main thing is keeping the pressure turned up on the shorty, or the bigstack by constantly raising and putting them to the decision.
Also i like to play tight for the first couple of hands heads up, if the blinds are still pretty small comparably
Another thing is, don't get in to deep with a bad hand, on the turn or river by continuing to bluff at the guy if you are even in stacks, save them to push next hand

Heads up play is usually just tons of experience, many diff styles of heads up, get a feel for your opponents style, some people play tighty mctighterson level 1 heads up still(donkeys) so just torture them by raising, some have big calling ranges and raising ranges, just change each heads up game to your opponent

tom

any comment on my commentary?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM

I like to call from the SB with any two cards capable of making a straight. I've got position on him post flop and more often than not, I can pick up the pot, even when I miss. I'll raise with any two broadway and most Kings Aces and pocket pairs.

The most important thing I've found so far....be very aggressive. I give my opponent every opportunity to check raise me early in HU. If he doesn't then I will continue to hammer him when he doesn't lead out.