Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Anyone else find this ruleing weird... (and trip report)

It is obviously an angle shoot since the guy had A-A. I hope the floorperson that made that call realized that he and the angleshooter are both douchebags after the Aces were flipped up.

A Technicality for sure, but in the "spirit" of the game, the guy did not bet all his chips. This is really the dealers fault for not taking control of the table earlier and warned. stern (usually a-hole) dealers are the best in my book. The nice guys that want peace actually cause the most trouble like this.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Floor comes over and rules...

THAT THE BUTTON PLAYER IS ALLIN!!!! i am shocked,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Almost instantly I almost died

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I tell my new friend to keep his mouth fing shut while he’s not in the hand… I declared allin. I restrained form choking him, anyone handle the situation different.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this situation really pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The I see a 15 minute time clock and I choke… what a crap shoot. I feel sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Before 1 time around the table have less then 25 bb then the 3rd, I have less then 15bb. WTF THIS IS HORRIBLE… I mean no room for skill what so ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
all I could think about was how I will never play another tourt there again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So after a few more hours I head back to the room for some booze and sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should've thrown in some Prozac and maturity as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

prozac... fine... maturity not so much. When i posted i exraggerate my feelings to express how i feel. did i want to choke him no, did i think what he was doing was wrong yes!!!! I was shocked at the floors ruling... the tourney made me upset didnt expect the structure... dont take everything so literaly. AND SOMEONE NOT IN THE HAND SHOULD STFU!
Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it is a coin flip

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said the floor should make an incorrect decision to benefit a good customer. I said if it could go either way, it is good business to rule infavor of the good customer.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go to tstone arrive around 7 pm (5 hour drive), get the poker room rate for the hotel

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the rate there and requirement for the rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

check out the offical tsone thread... but 75 a night if they have a room, 4 hours of play requires (but they dont actually check).... offical tstone thread for anyu other questions like this one.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Floor comes over and rules...

THAT THE BUTTON PLAYER IS ALLIN!!!! i am shocked,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Almost instantly I almost died

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I tell my new friend to keep his mouth fing shut while he’s not in the hand… I declared allin. I restrained form choking him, anyone handle the situation different.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this situation really pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The I see a 15 minute time clock and I choke… what a crap shoot. I feel sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Before 1 time around the table have less then 25 bb then the 3rd, I have less then 15bb. WTF THIS IS HORRIBLE… I mean no room for skill what so ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
all I could think about was how I will never play another tourt there again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So after a few more hours I head back to the room for some booze and sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should've thrown in some Prozac and maturity as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should actually respond to the post while being a huge dick! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] thanks for contributing to the thread, you can go back to being a troll now.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if it is a coin flip

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said the floor should make an incorrect decision to benefit a good customer. I said if it could go either way, it is good business to rule infavor of the good customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you feel this was a case of a coin flip?
I find most decisions are not coin flips. But too many are decided by who the players are and not what the proper ruling should be. Does wonders for expanding the player base when new players get screwed over in favor of regulars.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:46 PM

This seems a little less clear cut then I though it would be. Definately an angle shoot, but also definately with in the rules of the game. I really felt bad for the guy it happened to, he got up and left not to return for the night. he was a fish, i talked to him later about it and he was still very angry, and said he wouldn't return to tstone. Its not like they cant afford to lose a 100-200 max ring game fish there are plenty, but this has to be bad business.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:55 PM

The world is full of douchebag WSOP wannabes that will bust out and be gone. Remember that 95% of these new players will lose money in the long term and disappear. The regulars are just exactly that, they create steady income for the card room and keep the games going. The card room makes it profit from the rake and the regulars pay the most rake over the course of the year.

That would be an excellent business plan, let's suck up to the assholes until the room is full of them and our regulars don't want to play here anymore. Then when the assholes go bust we can sit around by ourselves and wonder why business isn't as good as it used to be.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definately an angle shoot, but also definately with in the rules of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What rule covers this situation? He didn't move his chips out in front of his cards, he moved his cards back to look at them. I've seen guys physically lift their cards off the table and bring them up to their face. Though they're usually told that the cards must remain on the table, the point is that at some point their cards move back behind their stack, and it's not considered a bet. Hell, when I play, I usualy stack my chips in columns 4, 5 or 6-deep. If I pull my cards back to the bumper to peek, I'm sure that at least a few stacks are now in front of my cards, should that be considered a bet since some chips are in front of my cards for a second?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definately an angle shoot, but also definately with in the rules of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What rule covers this situation? He didn't move his chips out in front of his cards, he moved his cards back to look at them. I've seen guys physically lift their cards off the table and bring them up to their face. Though they're usually told that the cards must remain on the table, the point is that at some point their cards move back behind their stack, and it's not considered a bet. Hell, when I play, I usualy stack my chips in columns 4, 5 or 6-deep. If I pull my cards back to the bumper to peek, I'm sure that at least a few stacks are now in front of my cards, should that be considered a bet since some chips are in front of my cards for a second?

[/ QUOTE ]

if your chips are placed in front of your cards its considered a bet. if it happens to be all your chips the floor could rule you allin. No he didnt mean to push, no the ruleing was not fair... but the ruling was within the rules.