Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 AM

Default QQ multiway, am I seeing monsters?

UTG is very loose and very passive, I've seen him limp/call with AA-TT. Button is unknown.

My thought is this hand was someone must have some kind of draw. I was hoping my preflop raise would limit the field a bit, but it didn't. Am I a wuss on the turn, and what's my river plan?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ????
Old 12-01-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: QQ multiway, am I seeing monsters?

I'm thinking it is more likely someone is pumping the flush than they came in with pp4s or x4s or something. I think you probably could have raised the turn or even c/r and still be in command of the hand. I think if you were ahead on the turn you are still ahead on the river. This is mostly based on .25/.50 party play so ymmv.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:44 AM

Turn play is so bad. You need to bet here in a large way because most of the time you still have the best hand. You need to put in one bet on the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 AM

bet on the turn because you will still be ahead often. I would also bet the river.

Would the river be a bet/fold?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 AM

I think the pot is too big to fold to a raise on the river. Especially with a scare card out there someone could get fancy.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn play is so bad. You need to bet here in a large way because most of the time you still have the best hand. You need to put in one bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a raise on the turn?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:58 AM

I wouldn't mind folding to a turn raise, especially if it comes as a c/r to trap players.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't mind folding to a turn raise, especially if it comes as a c/r to trap players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I know we're not supposed to post the big/easy to play hands, but set under set/KK cracked/AA cracked all in 50 hands makes me a weak tighty.

must..........learn.......to.......suck...out
Old 12-01-2005, 12:00 PM

I think your better off generally betting the turn for value and so as not to give a free card to any draws.