Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: A Hand Vs TheBrownEyes

Maybe I am being a little harsh. He is a better player than the majority of the opposition. I will accept that he could be a small winner. I am just suprised to see a full-time pro with so many obvious flaws to his game.

I also have a feeling his play has degraded/changed over time, and he may have been a bigger winner when Schnieds was playing this game??
Old 09-01-2005, 11:07 AM

He's in second place on my all time won $ from list!

I haven't played against him in little while so my advice may be a little off but on this hand I'd also 3-bet the flop and follow through on the turn. If you dont lose him on the turn I think you are beat.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I am being a little harsh. He is a better player than the majority of the opposition. I will accept that he could be a small winner. I am just suprised to see a full-time pro with so many obvious flaws to his game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong here.... I've had him on my buddy list for 2 weeks now...

Seriously.

Haupt_234
Old 09-01-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong here.... I've had him on my buddy list for 2 weeks now...

Seriously.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a fair-sized winner over 15k hands that I've seen him, and I've seen Schneids vouch that he's a winner over far more hands than that. Maybe he's just a DERB, but I think he's a good enough handreader that I wouldn't buddylist him, despite his preflop deficiencies.

Rob
Old 09-01-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a fair-sized winner over 15k hands that I've seen him, and I've seen Schneids vouch that he's a winner over far more hands than that. Maybe he's just a DERB, but I think he's a good enough handreader that I wouldn't buddylist him, despite his preflop deficiencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the run down. I think I BLed him due to the fact that he had a high V$PIP on and I witnessed him bust out a few days after getting the stats on him.

Haupt_234
Old 09-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Posting blind, initial thoughts:

You're pretty much banking that he's on the flush draw. I'd bet the turn, and take a free showdown, because I don't think he's the hyperaggro type to bet the river regardless once we check the turn.

Once the flush hits, I think representing it is foolish. His hand range at this point mostly consists of K-type hands and FD/strong draw hands. I don't see him playing an AT-type hand this way. A PP 77-99 is a possibility, but a very slim one statistically speaking. He won't fold a K, and he won't fold any flush, or straight. You might get him to lay down 77-88-99 MAYBE, but I don't think he'll have these 3 specific hands more than say 10% of the time.

Surf
Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM

I think this is a great example of how the best plays often require you to be on your toes and change plans on two different streets based on what cards came up.

The only issue I see and a place where I might play differently is the flop. I either do what you did, or if I feel like he won't believe me and won't be making a move as often, I may call the flop cr and fold the turn UI.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Yes, this is true, and a good point.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:23 PM

Yeah I think you are losing more money on the times he has a pocket pair he wont fold, or a king, or A5 he got frisky with more than you are profiting with your line the times it works.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM

I also have him as a big winner (i think like 4-5 BB/100)over 15-20k hands.