Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: 2+2 table coach: STFU

haha, i was at that table you are talking about,it was a $1/$2 6 max game. (i was playing that low on my g.f's account whoring a bonus for her) I was seated to the left of Apanage, and was the one would told him to shut up about VP$IP originaly. its funny you thought it necessary to post this though, there were 3 horrible players at the table, and 4 when you left. I dont think you have to worry about a shortage of fish at $1/$2 especialy since the fish was the one who started the argument with Apanage. quoting PT stats and such is dumb because you dont want them knowing about PT and 2+2, but there is no harm in talking crap back and forth. I had a total donk (who was talking crap b/c i raised with KQo on the button saying i play too loose(6max i mind you), lol) challenge me to a heads up match, but the highest he would play was $2/$4, and whiped him out shortly, so jawing with the suckers doesnt hurt as long as you arent educating them.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: 2+2 table coach: STFU

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone believes that by telling a poor poker player that he is playing poor makes any differnce to that player they are sadly mistaken. You cannot "wise-up" a poor poker player by chatting with him during an online poker game. You are suffering from "old pro's paranoia" that says don't wise up the poor player. Forget it. Online players are beyond help. They play bad and will always play bad regardless of what anyone tells them in a chat line. In fact by chatting with them, negatively or positively, they are more likely to stay in the game, which is where you want them to be. Twoplustwo folk should be more than happy to share their expertise with novice and recreational players. They are the reason we play poker.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.

We may know that some poker strategies win more than other strategies do.

In case you've forgotten, there are players who don't even have the concept in their minds that there may be a "superior" or "correct" way to play. Waking them up is strictly -EV.

I wasn't born knowing what I now know about poker. I certainly didn't learn much from years of playing poker with my, originally, high school friends. It took seeing poker books in bookstores to wake me out of my slumber. Waking up someone to the concept that they, themselves, could play with good poker strategy by alerting them in chat helps them and hurts the other players.