Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 07:51 PM

Default JJ hand

Hi everybody,

I was in Vegas recently and this hand came up at the Bellagio:

A drunk but very reasonable player openraised UTG. I looked down at my cards and saw J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 3-bet in the next position. A relative unknown coldcalled a couple seats next (MP1) and he was immediately 4 bet by the next guy (MP2), an angry Vegas local, but not neccessarily tilting. The blinds cleared out of the way and UTG folded. It is a 5-bet cap in Vegas, but I don't believe it is correct in most instances to cap with JJ here so I just called, as did MP.

The flop came out: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Me and MP1 both checked and MP2 bet. I called and MP1 called.

The turn was: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Me and MP1 both checked again and MP2 bet again. I called again and MP called again.

And the river was: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I checked like I did the other two streets. MP1 ditto. MP2 bet and this time I folded.

How does it look?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: JJ hand

I think I would call, hoping this call would make the Vegas local angrier, anticipating that instead I was probably in fact paying him off.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:19 PM

I think this looks perfect as long as the angry vegas local actually plays well as wasn't tilting at the time.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:27 PM

I have an idea, but I'd just like to hear your thoughts on why you call the turn planning on c/fing a river blank.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea, but I'd just like to hear your thoughts on why you call the turn planning on c/fing a river blank.

[/ QUOTE ]
the pot is huge and she has a gutshot. Also, this guy will probably bet AK on the turn but check the river behind thus she does not have to worry about folding a better hand on the turn, but this is really just icing on the cake as she has enough odds to call with a gutshot anyway.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM

See a showdown here, please.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 PM

i would like to raise the turn to get the other guy out and maybe get a free showdown
Old 11-22-2005, 08:39 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the pot is huge and she has a gutshot. Also, this guy will probably bet AK on the turn but check the river behind thus she does not have to worry about folding a better hand on the turn, but this is really just icing on the cake as she has enough odds to call with a gutshot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you have enough to call for your gutshot only. you need to discount it for the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] outs. granted this is compensated by your set outs for a call; i'm just saying you need the J outs as well for this to be a good call.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:42 PM

she is getting 10:1 on the turn and all things considered this is an easy peel.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would like to raise the turn to get the other guy out and maybe get a free showdown

[/ QUOTE ]
there are times for an OOP free showdown raise, but this is not one of them.