Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 PM

Default 2 PLO8 sit and go hands

So Its late in a 30+3 PLO8 sit and go at party when I get the following hand:

Party Poker (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet pot, villian re raises me all-in, I call

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot:

Results: I scoop, and become CL

He goes on to berate me and call me a fish (I'll post the chat below), yada yada yada. So I went to two dimes to look it up, and it seemed like it was a virtually even money hand, and I just got a great flop.

cards scoop HIwin HIlos HItie LOwin LOlos LOtie EV
Ks Qs Ac Qc 183243 337531 162469 0 0 0 0 0.521
As 2s 4c 7d 162469 162469 337531 0 291813 0 0 0.479

Here is the chat:
rounder: lucky is all i can say about you
rounder: fishy
rounder: b/c you skill is whorable
me: I had you on ignore
rounder: pull it
rounder: yeah
rounder: fishy
rounder: amazin what you fish call and wron i was a 70 30 fishy learn add math
me: run it at two dimes
me: you weren't 7:3
me: it was even money
rounder: 70 30 morn for pot not just etting my money back idiot low

So who is correct, me or the ass?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hand #2:
---------------------------------------------------------
Let me preface this hand by saying often times I'll pot it on the flop regardless of the cards, because more often then not, especially when it has been checked back to me in LP, they will fold.

I figured the following would happen:
1. Only a King or Naked Nut Flush draw calls
2. Two pair, or Set raises, and I fold
3. Everybody folds.
Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop:
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets pot</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">HERO bets pot </font>, MP1 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, HERO checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: </font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">High won by HERO (I don't remember, about 800 chips) No low.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTGA has Ac Qs Js 4c (High: two pair, queens and nines).
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: UTGA wins . </font>

My opponent Mr. Call a raise with 101077, consistantly shows garbage hands. How would you have played this hand differently?

Thanks for your comments.

Claude
Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: 2 PLO8 sit and go hands

1st hand: How much are you in betting pot and how much is he reraising u? I also need to know if this guy is TAGish or LAGish because that also depends on what u have. His hand is rather weak for PLO8 for pushing preflop. PLO i understand but the fact he had no low draw makes this play questionable (but if u have been really tight then this play makes no sense). Your right, with dead money u have to put it in.
2nd hand: After seeing ur hand, I need to know what relative stacks and bets are to properly figure things out. I would like to throw out a 1/2 Pot defensive bet on the turn. You did pot it PF and postflop i think he may put u on a boat or something like that. Also, lets u find out where u r and if he had a naked flush draw u take it down there.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:31 PM

Sorry, I had trouble with the converter. On the first hand, I bet 750, he bet another 1000+, putting me all in. I had been playing fairly aggresive to that point, and he was passive. I don't mind his play so much, but it annoys me that he thinks he was so much better.

2nd hand: 4 or 5 limpers, I bet pot, 105, 4 callers, checked around to me I re-pot it, so around 400 (it's early so stack sizes are relatively equal. Reason I didn't throw out another bet on the turn is that he consistantly calls down with nothing, or weak draws. In this case he was ahead, but a bet like that has very little FE against this particular opponent.

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated,

Claude
Old 11-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Here is the thing tho. If he doesnt have a boat, he really cant call. And even if he is really weak u have a ton of outs (not knowing that he had 1010). He has to fold any lower pair than TP and most FD and SDs. If he is the donk u say, u have a Qhigh flush draw and a lot of other outs (gutshot SD as well--although in hindsight was dead). Also if no TP than u have QJ outs as well. Its one of those things that when someone calls there r u conceding the hand to a potbet on the river?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:05 PM

With regard to hand #1: When getting close to the money &amp; I'm holding a hand like yours I like to see a flop, with a hand like his I like to push, reason being if lo cards hit the flop I'll have no idea where I stand. I don't believe either of you played it badly though. With the quickly escalating blinds in Party SNG's you've got to find situations where you think you have an edge and go for it. As long as you're willing to accept you'll be watching the remainder of the SNG from the rail much of the time, I think the play was fine.