Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: For ACPlayer, Mack, Cyrus et al

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to argue about this anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why the hell not? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Damn it I think the %&*$ers really got us boxed in with this one, I meant where do I find an article or source that beats this one?

Have a good one Mack

PS I'm in a good mood today, because I won my way into WCOOP event 4. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] (Sorry for the poker content)
Old 07-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: For ACPlayer, Mack, Cyrus et al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to argue about this anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why the hell not? Damn it I think the %&*$ers really got us boxed in with this one, I meant where do I find an article or source that beats this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll let Irshad argue this one for me from here on out;-)

[ QUOTE ]
Have a good one Mack

PS I'm in a good mood today, because I won my way into WCOOP event 4. (Sorry for the poker content)
I think I'll let Irshad argue this one for me from here on out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear it, Mack.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Being Certain In The Face Of Contrary Expert Opinions

I have never said that it is not a possibility as a cause.

I have said that it contribues to the terrorist just as much the backpack contributes as a cause.

I have said and will repeat that in analyzing terrorism causes, IMO, it is if at all an insignificant issue. I have agreed that it is a significant contributor in motivating the bombers. But if this was a Christian society they would find the justification somewhere -- in the bible or elsewhere. After all the Jews found justification for their terrorism in the old testament, the crusaders found it in the bible, the hindus find it in whatever they find in their religion. Essentially religions suck.

Is it a significant contributor worthy of discussion, that is a flat NO. Mostly because if it was not Islam they would find another motivator to strike back at the problems they face and the persecution they perceive.

Perhaps you can get it past your Islam hatred that even if it is ONE CAUSE AMONGST MANY, it is insignificant to our problem at hand. It is something we can do very little about. It is really not worth discussing in the context of terrorism.

Regarding your frustrations, that is really your problem. For a supposedly intellignet guy, why do you insist on taking on yourself the task of changing peoples mind. Just present your case, listen to what others are saying and if needed adjust. That is all I do. I dont want to convince you of anything, it will not make my day better.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 PM

I think it's fine if you assert that it is an insignificant cause.

I don't think it's fine (intellectually speaking) if you assert that your probability of being right in that assertion is 100% (when faced with contrary opinions from many experts who are far more knowledgeable on the subject than you).

Therefore I don't think it is fine (intellectually speaking) if you flatly disregard all those contrary expert opinions.

Of course you have the right to run your own mind any way you wish.

I'm just doing you a favor to point all this out, just as someone would be doing you a favor if they pointed out that you had bad breath at the poker table.

Why does this bother me enough to point it out? Because it is at times like arguing with a brick wall. And because I know you are smart enough to realize this flaw and improve upon it (ultimately far more to your benefit than mine). And because I find illogic strangely offensive, in the sense that it is in conflict with the way the universe is ordered. An illogical human mind is committing an offense of sorts against the universe (and it is something I too am guilty of on more than a few occasions). It is an offense against nature because we as humans have the power to correct it in ourselves.

It's one thing to be convinced of something. It's entirely another thing to deliberately and persistently ignore any and all contrary evidence that might come to your attention.

You can do better; I have faith in you.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:48 PM

Have you considered the possibility that I understand the POV of these "experts" but having considered it believe that the other experts on the other side are correct?

Again, you seem to equate disagreement with improper consideration. I could say exactly the same thing about your viewpoints (and perhaps have said so before).

If your head hurts from banging against a brick wall. Well stop! If you cant reach this simple conclusion, how can you argue that you can conclude anything about anything. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered the possibility that I understand the POV of these "experts" but having considered it believe that the other experts on the other side are correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it is pretty bizarre to assign such a thing a 100% certainty.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, you seem to equate disagreement with improper consideration. I could say exactly the same thing about your viewpoints (and perhaps have said so before).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I admit the possibility of error. You are not admitting that possibility in this case.

[ QUOTE ]
If your head hurts from banging against a brick wall. Well stop! If you cant reach this simple conclusion, how can you argue that you can conclude anything about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only pointing it out as a favor to you. Or if you wish call it a present; you won't need a birthday present this year;-)
Old 07-18-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Thank you for point this out

My life is now complete. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My birthday has gone by for this year. Hope you have something planned for the next one -- a good book on logic perhaps. Incidentally, and perhaps appropriately, my sign is Taurus the bull!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Thank you for point this out

[ QUOTE ]
My birthday has gone by for this year. Hope you have something planned for the next one -- a good book on logic perhaps. Incidentally, and perhaps appropriately, my sign is Taurus the bull!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm truly sorry I missed your birthday. Please consider this a belated birthday gift.

And don't worry! I'll make you a similar present next year, and in good time, too!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: For ACPlayer, Mack, Cyrus et al..

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]..well;

everyone knows sh*t muslims wanta kill a christian for mohammed; this has been true for centuries;

it is an active part of the islam religion; and all muslims know this;

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]