Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Wheres the rest of the pot ???

I think the flop is very different A-X-X compared to AJ10.

And like I said I felt like I could fastplay and get my opponent to pay me off. If I remember right you called me down because you didnt think I would raise an Ace on the ragged flop.

I will be at foxwoods in march - april for there "Spring Classic" then I be in vegas for most of the world series.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Did he two-fisted sling bet you. Not even God could beat the two-fisted sling bet from Nomar.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And like I said I felt like I could fastplay and get my opponent to pay me off. If I remember right you called me down because you didnt think I would raise an Ace on the ragged flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that is because I am a sucker.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he two-fisted sling bet you. Not even God could beat the two-fisted sling bet from Nomar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I think I "outplayed" Nomar in one hand and he outplayed me in about 15 or 20, most of them involving the famed sling bet.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:20 PM

the more I think of it Phil, raising you with AQ on and Axx board is the virtual nuts, so even tho I only had 1 pair I was fastplaying the nuts.

where in this other hand there is approx. 44 zillion hands that beat my TPTK.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The two fisted sling bet from Nomar is defintely known in at least 5 states, and has put a dent in a lot of bankrolls. However its nowhere as dangerous as the Nomar sloppy all in turbo bet. If the blinds are ever 100-200, and Nomar slings in 16k preflop while enjoying his tenth Miller light, you can throw those two kings right in the muck.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feels like I am leaving money on the table and boy do I hate to miss bets !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a reasonable range of hands for the button after the flop raise?

1) A weak Ace-If you 3-bet he has an easy fold on the flop, he want a cheap showdown. He will check the turn and call a river bet. 9 times out of 10 you collect an extra bet.

2) he flopped 2 pair or better-this line will usually save you 1-1.5 BB's

3) he has a small-mid PP-he may be trying to push you off KK or QQ or get to a cheaper river, he will fold to a flop 3-bet, he may call a river bet. This is probably a little better than nuetral EV to call the flop.

4) he flopped a worse hand but has 5 or more outs-this is his most dangerous holding for your line. he will likely call the 3 bet and possibly a turn and river bet as well. Your line may cost you on average 1 BB in this situation.

I would guess 75% of the time your opponent will have caught a good piece (situation 4). This is just a wild guess from thin air, but i think your line will cost you 0.1BB per play over the long run. Any math guys wanna tackle this? I'm too lazy to do the dirty work.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 PM

I personally hate raising him on the flop with a marginal hand like middle pair in a blind steal situation and he puts on his "bah!" face and side-arm rolls the "I think my hand is good but I don't want to 3 bet so I am going to let you bet every street" call into the pot. . .
Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM

"If the blinds are ever 100-200, and Nomar slings in 16k preflop while enjoying his tenth Miller light, you can throw those two kings right in the muck. "

Although it won't get enough votes from the masses I am nominating this for post of the year. Maybe it can be in the low budget catergory or something
Old 03-14-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feels like I am leaving money on the table and boy do I hate to miss bets !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You could do the stop and go and bet the turn. But you have him drawing to 2 or 3 outs on the turn, plus 4 Q's for a tie, so you might have got as much out of him as you can. There's few 3-betting hands he can beat after the turn (AA-TT, AK-AT) if he has something like Ax.

Is he good enough to fold top pair no kicker on the turn?

He's more likely to call the river after the turn gets checked thru isn't he?