Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Possible Tourney Seat for Sale (Sunday)

I play on Stars alot and IMO if you feel uncomfortable playing the $500 or if you might be distracted then take the tourney $'s and play several smaller events. Sounds to me like both cases here so my advice would be take the tournet $'s play some smaller tournies and commit yourself to play the $500 when can give it your undivided attention if you win over $500 in any of the tournies you enter with the tourney $'s.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you mind explaining what you learned the hard way off your wife? I have to say I never refer to looking after my own daughter as baby sitting.

PS - If you do take the money (as tournament dollars) I think you could use them in the KotZ tourney on Thursday - good practice for these tough events. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I think my 16-month old daughter is an absolute blast and I love spending time alone with her. I referred to it as baby-sitting once, and only once... When my daughter was a few months old my wife was commenting that she needed to find a sitter so she could go to a doctor's appt. I said, "oh no, don't do that, I'll leave work early and baby-sit for you". The room temperature dropped 20 degrees as she gave me The Look. I have not been stupid enough to ever use that word again.

She's home now so I'm railbirding in between stories, and opted not to play.

Sometimes I play much better when she IS around and underfoot - how can you go on tilt about a river card when a little munchkin is pulling at your leg, tilting her head sideways, and giggling? Keeps it in perspective that poker doesn't matter.

Definitely in for the KOTZ if I can make it home from work on time for it. Probably better learning for a lot fewer $ and less stress.

J
Old 09-28-2003, 04:46 PM

Took your and a few others advice and the tourney $. I'll play in a few $100s and maybe a $200 one after the baby's down for the night.

The Devil will be disappointed, but I'm a bit too intimidated by the size of the cash and the "one big shot at the big cash" vibe playing in a $500+$30 was for me.

Old 09-28-2003, 06:58 PM

Keeps it in perspective that poker doesn't matter.

For me, never a truer sentence has been spoken. I wouldn't swap my daughter for anything in the world.

Simon