Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-24-2004, 11:15 AM
JayCo JayCo is offline
Senior Member

Default Poker Edge explanation of database coverage

FWIW, their reply to an email below

I'm not sure how consistent this is with what people have seen to date in the DB and/or what this implies about the fraction of hands they are in fact capturing.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:26 AM
ctv1116 ctv1116 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Princeton, NJ
Default Re: Poker Edge explanation of database coverage

Is the Poker-Edge website down right now because "bandwidth exceeded" or is it just me?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:38 AM
JayCo JayCo is offline
Senior Member

No idea, since I didn't pony up the fee since they didn't have my play in there, even though (as I should have noted in my post) I definitely have played in the last 3 weeks (mix of $15-$30 LHE and NL SNGs).
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 AM
ctv1116 ctv1116 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Princeton, NJ

No, I mean actually go to the poker-edge website (http://www.poker-edge.com). Is their site still up?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:44 AM
JayCo JayCo is offline
Senior Member

Sorry, my bad. Got the same error message as you, it seems:

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."
Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 AM
HUSKER'66 HUSKER'66 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Fort Worth TeXas!

[ QUOTE ]
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

[/ QUOTE ]

That gives us a shot of confidence.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:18 PM
ctv1116 ctv1116 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Princeton, NJ

Party probably flooded it with requests. I guess it didn't need to change its software after all to derail this threat...
Old 07-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Sponger15SB Sponger15SB is offline
Senior Member

Location: Isla Vista

[ QUOTE ]
Party probably flooded it with requests. I guess it didn't need to change its software after all to derail this threat...

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, if i was party poker this would be totally something i would do, if it was them, smart move on their part, now can i get my damn $9.95 back, jk i'm sure the site will be back up soon.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:39 PM
ctv1116 ctv1116 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Princeton, NJ

how exactly does the software work?
Old 07-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Sponger15SB Sponger15SB is offline
Senior Member

Location: Isla Vista

[ QUOTE ]
how exactly does the software work?

[/ QUOTE ]

they have a "farm" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] of computers collecting data...duh