Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 02:45 PM

Default ZOO vs SS Team Challenge Challenge - Team Bounties, Anyone?

(Please form a mental image of a southern gentlemen with a white moustache slapping your face with a white glove while drawling "Ah demand satisfaction!" as you read the Team Bounty terms, it makes it more fun)

While I personally am worthless and weak in multi-table LHE tournaments, I have faith in my ZOO teammates abilities to dominate your motley collection of low-limit, small-stake, penny-ante grinder butts.

To back up the trash talk, I am willing to lay $11 to $10 as a Team Bounty on the ZOO team to outduel the SS team (winner to be measured by total team points). This Team Bounty proposition is available to the first 5 members of the SS team foolishly brave enough to send me a PM to accept this challenge.

In other words, SS Team Bounty losers will each transfer $10 to my TruePoker, NETeller or PayPal account after the ZOO wins the tournament. However, if by chance Lorinda and half of the ZOO are simultaneously hit by lightning (or if there is a global virus crippling poker players playing for stakes above $0.50-$1.00), allowing the SS team to somehow win, I will personally transfer $11 to each SS team member that accepts the Team Bounty proposition.

PM me with your acceptance of the challenge and I'll post a list of brave souls here (or you can hide quivering in a corner playing $0.02-$0.04 Limit Pinochle, your choice).

Once the ZOO wins (and the SS losers win a freeroll or roll up enough of their pennies to scrounge up a $10 bill to pay me off), I will of course share my winnings with my ZOO brethren- 20% to the top Zoo finisher, 20% to hire a PI to find the real killer of TT's chicken, and 20% as a bounty on myself to the ZOO member that knocks me out. (The possibility of a SS team member knocking me out is too remote a possibility to discuss, so no bounty there). If there is divine intervention and the SS team wins, I would encourage the SS team members to triple their TruePoker bankrolls by redepositing their $11 windfall.

Jayco (aka "He who finisheth 60th but selecteth the right team")

- I, uh, I don't like my job, and I don't think I'm going to go anymore.
- You're just not gonna go?
- Yeah.
- Well did you get fired?
- I don't know- but I really don't like it, and I'm not gonna go.
- So you're gonna quit?
- Nu-uh, not really. I'm just gonna stop going.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:27 PM

Default Re: ZOO vs SS Team Challenge Challenge - Team Bounties, Anyone?

I like it, JayCo! Thank you.

The speed of take-up will be an accurate gauge of the confidence of the SS-Guys' Team - keep us informed, please.

This and all other Bounties will be detailed again shortly before the 16th.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:58 AM

Default Challenge Tournament: Any Queries?

Sorry to borrow your thread, JayCo, but I want to check with all the SS-Guys' Team that they have received their password. (Only pm me if you HAVEN'T, please.)

Any other queries? (I have asked True to post here the Rules of the Tourney, but I believe they are their Standard.)
Old 10-09-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Challenge Tournament: Any Queries?

No prob - eerily quiet here after the Challenge Challenge was issued. You can almost hear the tumbleweeds...

Looks like 28 of 30 SS Team members are convinced the ZOO's going to crush them. Just 2 brave takers so far (Husker & JoeTall have stepped up)

J
Old 10-09-2003, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Challenge Tournament: Any Queries?

if a tightwad light JoeTall is in, then it must be a good bet - more will follow

maybe he will offer the opposite to the Zoo, too?
Old 10-09-2003, 02:44 PM

I am willing to lay $11 to $10 as a Team Bounty on the ZOO team to outduel the SS team (winner to be measured by total team points). This Team Bounty proposition is available to the first 5 members of the SS team foolishly brave enough to send me a PM to accept this challenge.

You'll have to lay at least 15:10 before I'll even consider taking part. We suck pretty bad.

-- Homer
Old 10-09-2003, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll have to lay at least 15:10 before I'll even consider taking part. We suck pretty bad.
-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear!

In recognition of Homer's awareness and brave public proclamation of the Sucking, I hereby bump the odds to $12-$10 for all involved.

J
Old 10-09-2003, 06:23 PM

Default 5 Spots Filled

The final list for the Team Bounty Challenge (in the order they Cowboyed Up):

1) HUSKER'66
2) Joe Tall
3) Barry
4) RockLobster
5) GuyOnTilt

Thanks for the extra cash, guys. FYI- I plan on parlaying the cash on the Sox in the Series

J
Old 10-09-2003, 10:28 PM

Default Re: 5 Spots Filled

Don't go spending it before you win it though!