Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2003, 11:42 AM

Default ZOO Tourney Karma Continues

I've enjoyed reading about the roll the ZOO is on, and I've been inspired by MS Sunshine's recent domination lately. So when I checked my PokerStars balance and saw exactly $22 and 49 cents left in my account, I decided signs like this only come around when Mars is this close to the Earth, and I bought into the PokerStars $20+2 NL tourney last night.

PokerStars Tournament #326906, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $20.00/$2.00
703 players
Total Prize Pool: $14060.00
Tournament started - 2003/09/15 - 20:00:00 (EST)

Dear JayCo,

You finished the tournament in 4th place.
A $970.14 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Yeehah!

I've lurked here and on the Tourney board for quite a while before posting, and want to especially thank you Zooers for re-igniting my desire for poker. I've enjoyed it more over the last few months in part because I've looked forward to the ongoing exhanges here, and it's given me a new enthusiasm to study, learn, and think about my game.

So thanks for the help in doing so well last night. And thanks especially to the ZOO VooDoo that's floating around, because I delivered a couple of Good Beats and won more than my share of coin flips I think.

On a side note, why is it that after I plucked the luckiest cards of my life out my butt to win $970 with a $22 buy-in I feel like yacking? At one point I had $330k in chips out of a total of just over $1 Million to give me the lead with 4 players left and I proceeded to throw up all over myself and finish 4th.

1st - $3500
2nd -$2000
3rd - $1250
4th - $970

Does anyone recommend slowing down with $370k out of $1Million in chips with only 4 left. or should I keep attacking the 2 stacks of about $200-$250k each? I attacked (raise to 3-4 BBs) with any Ace, and any good king, got stung 3 times and basically hemorraged it all away.

Oh well, not a bad night except for the f***ing Cowboys winning.

Thanks again to you all for the ZOO karma and helpful advice.
J
Old 09-16-2003, 12:50 PM

Default Well Done!............N/M

Old 09-16-2003, 04:00 PM

Default Re: ZOO Tourney Karma Continues

Congrats on your finish. It's nice to share the feeling of a win or have a few folks point out problems with your game that might help with a losing streak.

As to how to play a big stack late in a tournament, I would continue to put the pressure on the smaller stacks. Unless the other stacks are completely cowered you can't raise almost every hand.

Enjoy your winning poker buzz.

MS Sunshine
Old 09-16-2003, 07:17 PM

Default Re: ZOO Tourney Karma Continues

WTG JayCo.

Keep it up zoo, I've killed low limit tourneys in the last week (very low I admit) and UB has remembered who I am (6 finals in 8 attempts)

I even entered a sat for the Aruba sat (which is something I don't even want to play) and got through when down to 600 chips and one of the other guys cracked up on the bubble.

Means I'm now one more good result away from going on a holiday I always swore to avoid, but hey, I'll try to win it for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 09-17-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Learn on Stars, earn on Party

Yeah, it's definitely more fun when you get to share the pain&fun with a group. I'm lucky my wife is a poker player, so I get a (slightly) sympathetic ear for my "You'll never believe it, this guy calls me all-in with J4o..." tourney stories.

I use my PokerStars account mainly for fun & multi-table tourney practice, since I view it as an order of magnitude tougher than Party. Since, I view $ spent playing multi tourneys there as tuition, catching a bunch of cards and winning $ for a few $100+ buyins is a nice bonus.

My overall 1-table SNG in the money % is 40% (with about a 15-18% win rate), but only 30% or so on Stars, and the level of competition just seems much better in the mid to late stages of all the tourneys there, so I feel like I'm learning by observing some decent play.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the other stacks are completely cowered you can't raise almost every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... once it got 4-handed, 1) they weren't and 2) I did. I need to change gears based on table image more often. I tend to attack 1 or 2 times too many when my image is LAG and tend to wait a bit too long to come out my shell when the blinds go up and I'm waiting to spring a trap.

I'm learning though.

Keep kicking butt for the ZOO Lorinda & Sunshine - I want to get to say "Yeah I know them" when I see you on TV.

J