Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 PM

Default My first problem with the ladies post

Ok, here's the background. About a month ago this girl and I were drinking and hanging out, and she mentioned that her grandma was coming to visit, and she needed to pretend to have a boyfriend to keep her grandma from yelling at her. I volunteered, and she accepted. She left soon after, and I sent her a blacked-out drunken email telling her we should go on a "fake-date," since I had to be her fake boyfriend.

A week goes by, and she asks "so are you still interested in that fake-date?" I assume she means the fake-boyfriend thing, so I say yes, and then find the drunken email, so I assume she meant that offer. We go to see a concert, but we're with my roommates, so nothing happens.

A few weeks later, I ask her if she'd like to go to a formal with me. She says, "Well, see, I already have a back-up date to the formal, so it depends if I like you more than I like him. And he's gay." My friend points out that I am not gay, and she decides to go with me, making sure to tell me how disappointed her gay friend is.

This girl and I are friends, I see her in class all the time, etc. etc. I'm not good with women, and I'm pretty sure I [censored] this up good. Is the situation salvageable, or should I just go, get it over with, and write her off as datable?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: My first problem with the ladies post

Get drunk. E-mail her...again.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 PM

Tell her its time to fake [censored].
Old 12-05-2005, 10:40 PM

Have sex with some fake livestock.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:52 PM

first of all, if you come on a forum with a name like "donkeypuncher", none of your posts should include the words "i'm not good with women". come on now.

second of all, i'm not sure where exactly you think you [censored] up. i dont see any glaring errors, unless you left something out. want to elaborate on what part you feel like you [censored] up on?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Wait, I think I've seen this one before. Was this an episode of The Facts of Life? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:03 PM

Tony Danza says...

Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 PM

This girl sounds like shes even more desperate than you.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 PM

Catch her her outside of class, look her straight in the eyes, and ask, CLEARLY, if she'd like to go on a REAL date. Have a time/place ready to go before you ask.... Wednesday.... 9.... drinks.... this bars..... Then go out with her and make sure you make a move while you're on the date..

Just be confident. You're probably not "good with women," only because you think you're "not good with women."

If she shuts you down, then she shuts you down, next hand. (This last thing is by far the most important thing to take away. Whittling away at a fear of rejection gives you something akin to a super power.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Well, see, I already have a back-up date to the formal, so it depends if I like you more than I like him."

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you trying to salvage this? if i asked a woman out and she told me i was her third choice (if im reading this right) to go out w/ id tell her that id hope her first choice works out.

it sounds like she has a first pick, gay guy is the back up and youre third string quarter back.

id tell her to fake off.

bwana