Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Underfull with overpair

<font color="green">MP is 30/0/0.4 over 70 hands. </font>

Call or 3-bet the river? If a 9 hadn't fallen, I would've folded to a raise from the MP guy, obviously. I won't pollute the thread with my reasoning yet.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 12-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Underfull with overpair

3-Bet
Old 12-03-2005, 01:10 AM

I think the river 3-bet is a must. Getting capped by this guy is sickening but you still have the best hand more often then not after the river raise.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting capped by this guy is sickening ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, but I only have to be ahead more than 2/3 of the time to profit from raising.

I thought this was interesting, since this is a spot where you should raise when a super passive player bets into you. I think even if it gets capped you win sometimes, probably enough to call. How often does this guy have a slowplayed set or the case 9?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting capped by this guy is sickening ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, but I only have to be ahead more than 2/3 of the time to profit from raising.

I thought this was interesting, since this is a spot where you should raise when a super passive player bets into you. I think even if it gets capped you win sometimes, probably enough to call. How often does this guy have a slowplayed set or the case 9?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only set that matters is TT. I guess he has that as much as anything else. Probably exactly as much as 88. I don't now how much he has a 9. I think the most likely hand for him after the river raise is Tx. Donks tend to thing this is the nuts here. He could also have a st8 and just not get poker.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 AM

I think u need to 3bet this. If he plas a 9 like this then he sux. (we already know he sux from his stats)

This will be a 10 to often not to 3bet.

Hahaha maybe its a slowplayed QJ, ive seen it happen
Old 12-03-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-Bet

[/ QUOTE ]
no doubt in my mind
Old 12-03-2005, 06:29 AM

I wouldnt get sick of a cap at all. I think we are good the majority of the time even if we are capped.