Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 04:10 PM

Default RESULTS

I said to myself he has to call 100K more, so I pushed. He thought forever called with AQo. flop KQT. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Deep in Stars 500K.

i don't really have any good way of summarizing the fact that i think your post is line by line incorrect.

c
Old 11-22-2005, 04:25 PM

If you just call this bet the pot is 102k and you have 93k left behind. Just push it preflop. I think to pull off a stop and go you need to have some reads on the players. Will the player be able to lay down top pair or even middle pair when being offered 2:1 odds??
Old 11-22-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just call this bet the pot is 102k and you have 93k left behind. Just push it preflop. I think to pull off a stop and go you need to have some reads on the players. Will the player be able to lay down top pair or even middle pair when being offered 2:1 odds??

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't know why you're responding to me with your post, i'm assuming it was just the bottom one in the thread.

you do understand, right, that the point of a stop and go is that 1) people will sometimes fold pocketpairs that now face an overcard 2) people will sometimes fold bottom or 2nd pair on the flop 3) they miss the flop 2/3 of the time?

c
Old 11-22-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't really have any good way of summarizing the fact that i think your post is line by line incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean my post? It was correct.

Consider this example: Blinds 500/1000, no ante, you have 9500 chips before posting your big blind. Everyone else at your table has big stacks. Someone raises to 3500 and it's folded to you. If you move in now then opponent will likely call getting 2¼:1 pot odds.

If you have 77 in this spot, stop-n-go is not a good play, for the reasons in my earlier post. If your opponent misses the flop and folds his overcards to your all-in, he will be correct to do so. When you have 77 and stop-n-go, your opponent won't often make an FTOP-mistake in response to your flop all-in. In particular, your opponent will rarely fold the best hand on the flop. Thus you're better off having pushed preflop.

But if you have KQ or AT and decide to stop-n-go, there are all sorts of ways your opponent could fold the best hand on the flop. With KQ or AT in this example, stop-n-go would be better than pushing preflop.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah your post was just the last one when I started my reply.

I realize all those things I just think the stop and go works best with reads on an oppentent, maybe I have that in my mind from reading HOH2 and should start using this move more often.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:18 PM

I would consider a fold also...

The stack size around the table and your position xth / 55th.

Hmmm...Does someone think that you can call and fold to a AKQ flop?

I don't play in these big events, so I would try to move up the ladder more than double up... What are your goals?