Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: chat with Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God, I hope they add mixed cash games. One way to get around people sitting out games they don't like is to simply alternate games every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but how will this work w/ holdem games vs. stud games? Position is determined by dealer button in holdem and by high card in stud. Also, there are antes in stud and blinds in holdem, so there is potential for abuse there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stud can be played with blinds. You have the blinds for the first round of betting and then switch to best board to determine order of action. It doesn't actually alter the nature of the game that much.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:18 AM

Why is everyone so hyper for mixed-games?
just not something that interests me I guess.

If you want to play mixed then just table-hop and create your own 'mixed-game'!!!

I guess it would be kind of fun for a KOTZ event sometime...but otherwise I wouldn't be that attracted to it.

edit - Oh yeah....it's pretty classy of Lee to just show up at a table and chat with some players...receive feedback and suggestions, etc etc.
More sites should have hosts who occasionally do this.

I know that Mike O'Malley would probably say that he would be fine with doing this...except that he doesn't have enough hours in the week as it is and they have so much to work on already.
Well....Stars takes 5 minutes to respond to your e-mail.
Party takes...well...a lot longer (I've e-mailed my VIP-rep 3x since Friday and still haven't heard back).

Simple solution for Party:
Hire more people. You can afford it. There's no excuse for saying you're too busy.
If you don't have enough time to look after your customers (as Stars clearly does) then do something to fix that.

I think the previous thread where Lee responded to various ideas and this thread where someone saw him chatting with players at a 1/2 table shows you the lengths to which Stars is going to satisfy their players/customers.

again....(and this is about the millionth time I've said this)....Well Done Stars.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm much more interested in doing it for a bit of fun on occasion rather than as a profit making exercise. Variety is the spice of life, after all....
Old 11-23-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to play mixed then just table-hop and create your own 'mixed-game'!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This way one gets to play the same people in all games, so you have edges going both ways. I'd much rather have it as tournaments, also letting me get practise for a fixed fee.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:06 PM

No wait - I didn't say that! (that we might deploy mixed games as tournament only)

I remember the conversation at the table. I pointed out my concern about players sitting out certain games in a mixed-game series. Somebody else said "Wouldn't have that problem in tournaments" and I said "Yea, verily" or words to that effect.

We are not close enough to deploying mixed games that I'm yet ready to say if we'd deploy them for cash or not. You folks have (quite intelligently, I thought) pointed out some of the various issues involved.

I know that in the monster mixed games at the Bellagio, it's just considered bad form to sit out, and that counts for something there. That's, regrettably, not true anywhere I'm aware of on the Internet.

Also, the Big Game at the Bellagio often has a mix custom-tailored to the, ah, "generous" players at the table. Which means they're playing the game they want to, which means the Iveys, Greensteins, Harmans, etc. are playing the game they want to. Isn't it great when everybody gets what he/she wants?

As I said, when I see us getting closer to deploying mixed games, I'll give you guys a shout.

Regards, Lee

P.S. R*keb*ck - no. But keep your eyes peeled for an announcement of something Real Soon Now that I think will all but put that issue to bed.

P.P.S. To those of you who complimented us for my hanging at the tables with the players, thank you. It's easily one of my favorite parts of the job.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:16 PM

'R*keb*ck - no. But keep your eyes peeled for an announcement of something Real Soon Now that I think will all but put that issue to bed.'

Put the lack of rb on PS to bed?!

Only things I can think of that could possibly do that would be:
1. some form of frequent player bonus that equates ro RB (ie rb by another name)
2. I'd guess reducing the rake?
3. What on earth else would 'put it to bed'? (well maybe giving up on ring games altogether I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
something Real Soon Now that I t

[/ QUOTE ]
why is this capitalized??

i'm curious....
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is this capitalized??

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been noted elsewhere that...
Real Soon Now = likely before the end of the year!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:00 PM

"Real Soon Now", when capitalized, carries a certain caveat. [1] It means that yes, it will probably happen relatively soon, but various business or marketing issues could get in the way and prevent it happening, so don't take it with quite the faith that you would if somebody said "It's going to get dark real soon now."

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[1] I can't take credit for the term - it originated with Jerry Pournelle - a sci-fi/technology writer who used to have the closing article in every issue of Byte magazine, around the time that most 2+2er's parents were thinking about conceiving them.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 PM

I hope it comes in the form of frequent player points being tradable for bonus $. That kind of player appreciation would put other sites to shame. Stars is already pretty good at doing that when it comes to customer service and marketing. As a friend of mine likes to say "It would be the cherry on top of the cowgirl."