Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: chat with Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
- Is it really necessary to have to wait 48 hours from your last deposit to be able to withdraw? You guys are always talking about how you do things so much better than Party. Well here there is a something they do way, way better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wondered the answer to this question too, maybe Lee will read this and shed some light.

Personally it's not a question of not being able to wait the 48 hours, rather like the OP stated, how come other major poker sites offer this convenience, but the arguably best poker site out there does not?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There must be a way round this...... Like you have to post a Dead if you just sit out one hand. That would suck when your connection drops though. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most mixed games switch games on a round-by-round basis, rather than each hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh. Then it's virtually impossible to regulate, because anyone who doesn't play an exact multiple of 45 hands (HORSE, 9 handed) can use this to their advantage. I guess pokerstars has thought of this more than us [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The best solution beyond only having tournaments is to allow private mixed games, that would rule.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see mixed games (HORE and HORSE mainly but anything else would be nice). My ideas for solving this problem :
-When the table is full every player pay 1/2money required for antes/blinds in full round (full round = 4orbits in HORE and 5in HORSE) then all the blinds/antes are posted for 1/2prize (if you sit out or leave you just dont post but your money is not refunded). It can be made 1/3-2/3 if 1/2 is too severe.
-(better one I think) : you normally play can sitout eveyr moment you like and leave every moment you like BUT after any hand you played you would get one "point" for that game. After one hand of holdem you receive one point for holdem, etc. Maximum diffrence between points for diffrent games would be settled for say 50 (should be good enough to never affect players sitting out randomly). If the diffrence reaches this 50 the only solution would be to sitdown in your rarest game next time to gain some points.. Something like that I think it can be improved.

Thoughts ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:24 PM

Actually, 8 handed because of the stud rounds.

In a B&M players can sit out the rounds they do not like - no problem. I don't think this should be too big of a concern online, as the table can be set to automatically boot the player out of the seat after so much inactivity.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if he does this often, but Lee Jones was chatting with players at a $1/$2 Omaha/8 table for a while. Talked about music and the site, and some random stuff. He mentioned that razz might be added, and eventually (not for a while) triple-draw 2-7. Mixed games are being very seriously considered, but since people can sit out games they don't like it might only be tourneys.

Wow Stars is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I hope they add mixed cash games. One way to get around people sitting out games they don't like is to simply alternate games every hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:25 PM

Ask support if they think this is a good idea. They would get 100s of "but I thought it had switched to Stud/8" emails every day.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's really nothing stopping somebody in a B&M from doing this, is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

One big difference in B&M is that mixed games are almost always paid by time. If you have to pay the time charge for Razz anyway, sitting out isn't nearly as beneficial.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
time charge

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this work? Rake free game. You pay pokerstars for a complete HORSE circuit.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
time charge

[/ QUOTE ]

Could this work? Rake free game. You pay pokerstars for a complete HORSE circuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be great, and mixed games are a nice spot to experiment with it. Eventually it might be seen to be superior to the rake model. I certainly hope someone tries charging time online at some point; Stars, with more educated players, seems an ideal choice, but I doubt they'd do it.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God, I hope they add mixed cash games. One way to get around people sitting out games they don't like is to simply alternate games every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but how will this work w/ holdem games vs. stud games? Position is determined by dealer button in holdem and by high card in stud. Also, there are antes in stud and blinds in holdem, so there is potential for abuse there as well.