Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Black should have won

I can't find much at falt with Hachem's play in the WSOP, but I really think that out of the final table Andy Black played the best poker. He made one or two mistakes, but that is inevitable after playing for seven days straight. He showed some real genius to get where he did. His re raise on Phil Ivey with A2 was the best pre flop play I have EVER seen in poker, let alone the first hand of the last 27 of the world series. I've seen this play criticised on here, and I really can't believe that. The simple fact of the matter is that Dannenman hit a 5 outer against him with two cards to come, after Black had made an unbelievable call with merely top pair weak kicker on a straight board. If he'd won this pot he would have had a resounding chip lead with four players left. His reads of the other players were absolutely phenomenal, and there is no doubt in my mind that the best player at this year's world series came fifth.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Black should have won

In my opinion he made the mistake at least two times of exposing his hands non-verbally. He would start smiling upstoppably, and every time he had a monster, and every time his opponent folded wisely.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 AM

Andy? Is that you?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Hachem deserves this win. He was struggling with being one of the short stacks for most of the final table. He didn't get to cruise to the end with the chip lead like Moneymaker and Raymer did. He obviously was card dead for a majority of the final table but he showed tremendous patience for all 13.5 hours, especially after a long week.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 PM

Hey, Could someone describe to me what happened with that A2 hand? I missed that episode.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM

My recollection:

Ivey open raises to 30-40k with ~KJo, Black makes it 100k with A2o, Ivey pumps it up to 500k, Black goes all in. Ivey folds. Black mucks A2o face up.

I don't remember the blinds, position or stacks.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My recollection:

Ivey open raises to 30-40k with ~KJo, Black makes it 100k with A2o, Ivey pumps it up to 500k, Black goes all in. Ivey folds. Black mucks A2o face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. Ivey had K8h, Black had A2h.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:37 PM

I think Hachem should have won cause he won the chips in the pots where he ended wiht the best hand and did this untill he had all the chips in play. Ussually a sign of being the winner.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My recollection:

[/ QUOTE ]

Mucking this face up is a big mistake imo. I know it might get him action on his future big hands, but since he wants to repeat this play, like he did with his KJ hand, i think it hurts him more than helps him.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My recollection:

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. Ivey had K8h, Black had A2h.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. Ivey had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Black had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. But keep trying.