Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 PM

Default AQs flops a 4-flush. Just want to check my line.

2 things..

1. I think my betting of flush draws is a leak. Can someone tell me wherther I played this right?

2. what is wrong with the converter?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]CO 3-bets</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]CO raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]CO caps</font>, Hero calls.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: AQs flops a 4-flush. Just want to check my line.

Definitely a leak when you're only two handed. 3-betting/calling the cap is even worse.

Viper GTS
Old 09-27-2005, 07:27 PM

CO likes his hand. You will make your flush ~35% of the time, but if he has a PP without the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then one of your outs gives him a boat. So lest say that you have the nut flush ~32% of the time. You are putting 50% of the money into the pot with a draw. I don't see how getting into a raising war OOP with a big pair is +EV, especially when you have the odds to check call down for your flush.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:41 PM

so, check-call or bet-call. it must be the latter, right?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:45 PM

I don't dislike the flop bet, but I think the 3-bet is a mistake. We bet and raise our flush draws for the following reasons:

1) To add value to our draw, based upon our current equity in the hand.

2) To gain a free card on a later street.

3) To make other players fold so that we win the pot.

If we are relying on the flush draw alone then we have about 35% equity here, so we are not getting the proper value here for vale betting.

We don't have position, so we will probably not get a free card here even if CO were to flat call our 3-bet and we check the turn.

CO seems to really like his hand. Based upon the fact that he actually 3-bet preflop he probably has a big pair or AKs. We know that he does not have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so a big pair is becoming a bit more likely. In any event I do not think he is folding this hand.

So the flop bet I think is fine, the 3-bet is probably a mistake.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:45 PM

I think its check/call because I doubt your bet has any Fold Equity. I dont think he is laying down a hand he 3 bet with preflop for 1 bet on the flop unless he is super weak tight.