Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 09-29-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

A function that allowed you to identify table(s), such they they don't get buried after you act, so that you could continue to follow the action through showdown. This is critical for multi-tabling when there is substantial, sometimes total, overlap (e.g., when I'm 10-tabling on two average monitors, two of those tables are completely buried when not in focus, and most of the others have so much overlap it is very difficult to see the action).

Specifics: When a table comes into focus that you want to follow after acting, you hit a key that causes the table to go to a position immediately adjacent to the main focus location, and to remain in focus (on top of any other tables already in that position) until the next hand begins at that table. Ideally, there would be 2-3 such secondary focus locations).

Alternatively, you might simply have a key-based function that kept a table of interest on top when it returned to its original location (i.e., so it doesn't get buried) until the start of the next hand.

This is outstanding work already. Thank you.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:47 PM

I'm creating a psuedo MTH (using AHK) until your program is complete for Crypto sites...

I'm only working with it on 4 tables now, but I've got the same problem... What to do if you're 8 tabling and want to follow or activate a window..

Here's a thought: Have a "window Lock" key, where you can force that window to stay on top so you can follow the action on that table. If another window steals focus, after you act, that "Locked" window will return. I guess you'd have to have any lockded windows on the upper left and the non loced in the lower right? Not quite sure what I'm saying... Damn.. no wonder I'm having so much trouble coding my program!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:17 PM

Just a little update.

V2 now supports multiple monitors. It only supports multiple monitors horizontally though, i have no idea how it'll behave if you've got quad monitors in a rectangle (anyone with such a setup using MTH anyways?).

V2 also supports simply marking the active table with a colored border.

It plays a sound when a table is activated (can be turned on/off, several sounds to choose from).

You can now select an active location on any of your monitors, in any of the four corners.

Keyboard controls is under way, in a revised form.

There's now also a an easier way for you to customize MTH using the options window, instead of manually editing a config file.

EDIT: Of course it also supports any Party table you'd want, that includes MTT's, Step's, named tables and so on. Crypto/Stars support is next, probably Stars first. Currently i don't recognize a real need for MTH to support Prima as the mini-view is superb there.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:57 PM

I've got the first beta ready for ya.

Please note, as always, it is a beta, i really cannot predict what errors might occur, so please, be careful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can get MTHv2 at www.improve.dk/MTHV2.rar

As with v1, you still need the .NET Framework

You also need WinRar to unpack the file.

There is no need for installation, just unpack it and run it. Your preferences should be saved between versions.

By changing the preferences, you should be able to use it in almost any way you want. Often you'll get the best result by restarting MTH after changing the settings on the behavior tab.

Enjoy, and please give comments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM

OrcaDK,

I wasn’t able to use V2 for more than a few minutes b/c of a few problems:

1.Most importantly, it would not return the tables after action was completed, but instead moved them to a new spot (as if auto position were on, even though it wasn’t). I had them placed manually on a 2nd monitor; they were moved to new positions on the laptop screen.

2.My laptop screen size appeared to be misidentified, as the right most 1” was never used. The screen resolution listed under one tab was incorrect (and couldn’t be changed so far as I could tell).

Recommedation for a new feature for those who want to multi-table beyond their monitor capabilities: allow tables in which you are active after the flop (or through some manual identifier) to remain on top of other tables until the start of the next hand. The idea is to be able to follow the action in a subset of tables in which you are especially interested. I am currently 12-tabling on two monitors and the only way I can follow a specific table is to place all 12 tables on my 2nd monitor, have the focus on the primary monitor, and then drag a table of interest to the main monitor for the duration of a hand.

Thanks for your ongoing work.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me start by saying that i'm quite pleased that nothing blew up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
1.Most importantly, it would not return the tables after action was completed, but instead moved them to a new spot (as if auto position were on, even though it wasn’t). I had them placed manually on a 2nd monitor; they were moved to new positions on the laptop screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've now fixed the bug were tables were being autoarranged even though that feature was turned off.

[ QUOTE ]
2.My laptop screen size appeared to be misidentified, as the right most 1” was never used. The screen resolution listed under one tab was incorrect (and couldn’t be changed so far as I could tell).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you using your laptop and an external monitor at the same time? Are they running different resolutions? The identified resolution info is naive as it presumes that all monitors are of the same size, alas your resolution might very easily be misidentified. Even though this, your tables ought to line up with the actual corners of the monitors, no matter what resolution they're running. But they didn't?

[ QUOTE ]
Recommedation for a new feature for those who want to multi-table beyond their monitor capabilities: allow tables in which you are active after the flop (or through some manual identifier) to remain on top of other tables until the start of the next hand. The idea is to be able to follow the action in a subset of tables in which you are especially interested. I am currently 12-tabling on two monitors and the only way I can follow a specific table is to place all 12 tables on my 2nd monitor, have the focus on the primary monitor, and then drag a table of interest to the main monitor for the duration of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this form of tracking previously, and i've come to the conclusion that it's too dangerous to implement before i know MTH v2 is 100% stable. The reason being that the way things work results in the windows remaining their "topmost" state, even though MTH quits/crashes. That means if two of your tables were set to be topmost and MTH crashed, they would remain topmost, and you couldn't do anything about it other than closing/reopening the tables.

And trust me, it's mayhem when you're running 12-16 tables on a small monitor and two of the tables suddenly cover more than half your screen... I had it happen to me quite some times when i was still running my single 17" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for trying v2, and even more thanks for helping me solve the bugs!

You can get the newest version at the same URL.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:51 PM

Forgive the poor formatting below with the quotes...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me start by saying that i'm quite pleased that nothing blew up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you using your laptop and an external monitor at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Are they running different resolutions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. the 2nd monitor has a lower max than my laptop.

The identified resolution info is naive as it presumes that all monitors are of the same size, alas your resolution might very easily be misidentified. Even though this, your tables ought to line up with the actual corners of the monitors, no matter what resolution they're running. But they didn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't go to the 2nd monitor ever, so I don't know if they would have lined up. But they never lined up on my lap top on the right side (other edges were fine).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this form of tracking previously, and i've come to the conclusion that it's too dangerous to implement before i know MTH v2 is 100% stable. The reason being that the way things work results in the windows remaining their "topmost" state, even though MTH quits/crashes. That means if two of your tables were set to be topmost and MTH crashed, they would remain topmost, and you couldn't do anything about it other than closing/reopening the tables.

And trust me, it's mayhem when you're running 12-16 tables on a small monitor and two of the tables suddenly cover more than half your screen... I had it happen to me quite some times when i was still running my single 17" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

gottcha.

Thank you for trying v2, and even more thanks for helping me solve the bugs!

You can get the newest version at the same URL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 AM

Hey OrcaDK, I wanna start off by saying I love your program. I downloaded the latest update of MTH v2 and for some reason it keeps erroring on me or just closing. The message I keep getting is "setup error" - Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your setup. I play 8-12 tables. The whole night I kept getting the error and kept reloading it to play poker. Is there any way for me to fix this? Thank you OrcaDK~.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 AM

OrcaDK,

I’ve given the current version a swing and explored all of the functions, which appear to work fine except for some monitor issues, which now seem a little different then I described previously.

Laptop 1400x1050
2nd 1280 x 1024

Now, the second monitor is recognized, and if I use auto position, the tables will be organized on both monitors. However, the program misidentifies the dividing point between monitors. It thinks that the division is 1” from the right edge of my laptop (my 2nd monitor is to the right of the laptop). So, a table which should start at the left edge of the 2nd monitor, instead starts 1” from the right edge of my laptop and extends onto the 2nd monitor. I think the reason I didn’t see it this way last time, was b/c my 2nd monitor was on the left side of my laptop and your program didn’t see that. Instead, it ignored that monitor. Regardless, V2 doesn’t properly identify the right side of my laptop.

I really like options for key control! I am playing while typing, although, I just “C”hecked my QQ on the xxx flop. I seem to get more security checks when using keys instead of AHK, that moves the mouse.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 AM

It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.