Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Party Bad Beat Jackpot Conspiracy Theories

Can someone explain to me why the Party jackpot hasn't gotten above $100k in a long time? When it started, jackpots of 200k+ were common, and it even reached 600k or so at one point. I haven't seen it above 50k in a long while, even though the terms are the same. Teams of gnomes?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Party Bad Beat Jackpot Conspiracy Theories

always one for a good conspiracy theory I decided to read your post.

I believe it was at $110k just a couple days ago.

When it first started it did NOT regularly surpass $200k and I don't know why you think it did.

The reason the jackpot total fluctuates like that is because sometimes the jackpot will be hit....and other times it takes longer for it to be hit.
If it gets hit more frequently then the jackpot will not go very high. But if it doesn't get hit as frequently then the jackpot will go higher.
Thus, if you are interested in playing when the jackpot is higher you should wait for those times when it hasn't been hit for a little while because then the jackpot will be higher.
If you don't wait for such times then you will be playing when the jackpot is lower.

Thank you.

BTW - This is not unlike the BBJ at B&M's where sometimes it gets hit 3x within a week or so for $10k or less....and other times it will go past $100k.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:59 PM

Sorry, I had noticed it had been low lately and figured I'd half-troll about it--although I wouldn't be surprised if something strange was going on player wise. I was just trying to have some fun. Do you really think I am so dumb that I needed to be told: "The reason the jackpot total fluctuates like that is because sometimes the jackpot will be hit....and other times it takes longer for it to be hit.
"? Either I came off very wrong or my three digit number of posts doesn't garner me any respect. Either way, I apologize for wasting everyone's time.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:03 PM

I think Bob was refering to the re-seeding percentage so that when it's high, it stays high.

Personally I remember you from the pre-1000-post-per-month days so I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct.

Lori
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I had noticed it had been low lately and figured I'd half-troll about it--although I wouldn't be surprised if something strange was going on player wise. I was just trying to have some fun. Do you really think I am so dumb that I needed to be told: "The reason the jackpot total fluctuates like that is because sometimes the jackpot will be hit....and other times it takes longer for it to be hit.
"? Either I came off very wrong or my three digit number of posts doesn't garner me any respect. Either way, I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a spaz. Like me. And that's cool. Not really.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:23 PM

actually I was just trying to be a bit silly.
Kind of like saying, "you see....if you have the best hand at show-down then YOU win the pot....but if someone else has the best at show-down then THEY win the pot." Also, "the team who is able to put the most points on the board will have the best chance of winning," and "if it quacks like a duck it is most likely a duck. but if it meows like my cat then it is probably NOT a duck."

thank you.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:33 PM

we only need one john madden in this world
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM

I don't need no John Madden. I do need my mute button every monday night in the fall.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 PM

I think there is some team play going on in powerball now too.... that hasn't been over $600 million for a long time now.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:59 AM

Fortune Cookies.