Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-28-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: typical situation, that ive still never managed to figure out *DELETED*

Post deleted by cartman
Old 12-28-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: typical situation, that ive still never managed to figure out

hey cartman, he has the nut flush draw on the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey cartman, he has the nut flush draw on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I'm a moron. I think this poker thing may be too hard for me. I'm going to stick with the flop sidebets from now on.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:53 AM

When u 3bet preflop, dont u think they will call on flop more since they now got great odds? So u have to bet thinner on turn?

Agree with most others, this flop is way to drawish to think he is hit by a pair. Bet turn.

Another thing about 3bet preflop: Isnt it better to do this with KQ, KJ, KT, QJ type of hands because then he will almost always fold Axx flop and we get those A-outs for free and win more when we are hit by lower card?

When we 3bet Ax against a good player we will get no action if flop is A-high.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When u 3bet preflop, dont u think they will call on flop more since they now got great odds? So u have to bet thinner on turn?

Agree with most others, this flop is way to drawish to think he is hit by a pair. Bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I really messed that up. I wasnt even thinking about the pot being bigger or any of that. I was playing weak and when I picked up the draw, but it paired the top card, I just had one of those gut feelings I was going to get check raised (which obviously I should ignore). Then I put myself in the spot of having to decide on whether to call the river, and I realized this was a pretty common spot, why didnt I feel better about what to do? (maybe its just common cuz I misplay the turn a lot, im gunna go back over hands now)

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing about 3bet preflop: Isnt it better to do this with KQ, KJ, KT, QJ type of hands because then he will almost always fold Axx flop and we get those A-outs for free and win more when we are hit by lower card?

When we 3bet Ax against a good player we will get no action if flop is A-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3 bet here because I was pretty sure I had the best hand. Id been folding my blind a lot, and this guy was pretty aggresive. 3 bettng A3s isnt my standard play, but I definitely will do it if I think its right. I figured this was one of those times.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:53 PM

Id bet the turn. THe way you played it Im calling the river but not like it much because most people are smart enough not to bluff on paired boards vs a guy who probably has an ace.