Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Flush played weak?

raise preflop. bet the river.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:23 PM

grunch

once you've made the flush i'd bet it more strongly. I'd bet at each oppertunity on the turn. If you're beaten by an ace high flush or a full house at this point, so be it. I think you're ahead more times than you're behind.

however, the 4 on the river is a horrible card. I'd call if bet to, bet if checked to and call if re-raised.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the pointers guys. Results below...

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has 5c Jh (two pairs, jacks and fours.)
Hero has Ts Ks (a flush, king high.)
Hero wins 12.50 BB.
</font>

I know, buddy list eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
35% to hit your flush by the river does not equal 35% of pot equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I think it's more, but I'll have to run pokerstove and verify.

Edit: Looking at it only on the flop.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:00 PM

I would love a read on villain, but I'll give it a shot.

I raise on the button for value. We have big, suited, somewhat connected cards. Our opponents could be limping with any two cards.

I cap the flop. We have a large pot developing, the second nut flush draw, and position.

I'm capping here too. He could have a 3, but more than likely he made jacks up or a smaller flush. If he is holding the nut flush, more power to him.

When he checks on the river you have to bet. If he raises, you will have to call as the pot is so large. I'm expecting to see a smaller flush or two pair (Jacks and fours).
Old 12-27-2005, 03:19 PM

Grunch:

maybe it's because I'm not used to party .5/1, but I would avoid the flop raise. 1) you don't have the equity to pump and 2) I doubt in a loose game someone is gonna respect your free card. But again, this depends on the game and your read on MP2.

The turn is fine, and I think with the river hu as it is, a bet here is definitely good. And unless you're up against a total maniac, a raise means you're beat. He could have an Ace, a pair of jacks, a pocket pair, but you have the two pair with the best kicker (a flush)

edit: now looking at the turn, you need to reraise cap that
Old 12-27-2005, 03:22 PM

grunch...

Given the flop action, it's pretty hard to put him on a boat on the turn. I'd cap the turn. If he bets into on the river and he's a passive player, I'd very seriously consider only calling to prevent a 3-bet. If he's aggressive or savvy, I'd definitely raise.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
35% to hit your flush by the river does not equal 35% of pot equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I think it's more, but I'll have to run pokerstove and verify.

Edit: Looking at it only on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming any pair, suited, or broadway for the other two hands our pot equity is around 47%, assuming two random hands and it's 52%