Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 3-5 handed?

I can't entirely blame suckouts though. I seriously went on tilt a few times which is why I'm taking a brief break from PR and skins. They keep offering good bonuses though so it's tough.

Check in Raise is offering a 200% up to $1,000 this weekend and if it's like last time they are releasing it in $10 chunks and also they mentioned that you can use your points to buy into $11 SnG's. Their weekly CnR only $500 freerolls have only had 50 people show up...just wish I wasn't sucking so bad right now.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
aggression work well against an opponant who is still playing "fit or fold." You have to wait for better hands with overly aggro players.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does 'fit or fold' mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a joke? They fold if they don't connect with the flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Started clearing Eurobets $600 bonus but noticed that their shorthanded tables are 5 max! And almost always the tables break down and it really is 3-4 handed. ANy tips how to play? I find myself raising really thin and so far it is not working.

Today I had -60BB session. Maybe I should move back to party where there are at least 6 players in the table!

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the games to be significantly more aggressive at 3/6 when I was clearing my bonus. Moving back to party isn't a bad idea, but if different reasons. If you don't have rakeback I don't think the bonus is even worth clearing. At least not at 3/6. When I when back and looked at the numbers I paid ~$.12 in rake on Party per hand on PR/eurobet I paid ~.20 a hand. The bonuses a collected came out to about ~.09. I think the table section on party makes up for that extra .01 in rake you're paying a hand over PR with a bonus. That said I ran well in the month or so that I was clearing bonuses on PR sites and I think my game improved a ton because I was constantly playing with players with 30+% PFR.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM

in matter of fact I have the rakeback.

The players in my tables were not overly aggressive. In matter of fact I thought they were quite weak-tight, passive players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe I was just lucky (yep, and lost only 60bb). Don't know for sure.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:45 PM

How can someone have 3000+ posts and not know what "fit or fold" means?

27/20 doesnt sound too ag to me at all, even if the blinds are very loose. You'll still have the better hand by the river more often than they do. Read Ed Miller's article in the magazine.