Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 08-04-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Question about how to play early in 3-table multi

My friend and I have a fundamental difference of opinion on how to play multi-table tournaments. My belief is that you should portray a tight aggressive image early on then use that image when the blinds gets big to accumulate chips. He thinks that you should give yourself a chance to accumulate chips early so you can use your stack later in the tournament. So, the question therefore is, we have KJo UTG when the blinds are 10/20 or level 2. He thinks limping is the correct play and I said fold. What is the correct play and also which of our strategies is best? Thanks.

-Obis-
Old 08-04-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Question about how to play early in 3-table multi

Easy fold for me from UTG. However if I was to play it I definitely would not limp, 3-4x raise minimum. At this blind level it really isn't worth trying to steal the blinds so if you get called it probably will be by a better hand.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Question about how to play early in 3-table multi

I like to play a lot of hands when the blinds are small and double up in the first half hour or so and then tighten up. I seem to maintain my LAG image even when I tighten up.