Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Limit holdem and poker getting me down what to do?

Iv been on a massive downswing lately I just cant win anymore! Im a small stakes player and mainly a bonus whore, I mainly play 1-2 $ and 1-2 £ on the crypo sites going round whoreing the bonuses. But over the last year the games have become so very dry and tight more so on the $ games that I dont really think i can beat the game anymore. Im loosing hundreds of dollars just playing 1-2. Everybody is tight rock bonus whores that dont play out when you do get a good hand! I used to be albe to beat the game by about 2.5bb/100 which although not great let me make a good profit when you included the bonuses but now im just pissing money away, I know im also tilting a bit but its limit poker in general and the grind thats makeing me worse. You just sit their grinding away trying to expolit small edges and to be honest its no longer fun for me and i can see that if i cant even maintain a win rate at 1-2 what hope is there for me at higher limits! I need more excitement in it I can focus for a while but eventually the grind causes me to get sloppy and make bad plays and continue my downward spiral.

So what should i do? I feel like giving up poker but there is just too much free money each month for me to give up even on the crypto network alone! Iv been thinking that maybe i should switch over to no-limit or pot-limit holdem as these seem to be a very different game to limit ? Maybe id enjoy that better and be able to focus once again. But iv herd that some folk find NL much more stressfull than limit so perhaps i should try pot limit?

So do you think its a good idea to say start again from the begining, get a few NL books open a new poker tracker data base and try my hand a NL & PL holdem, or am i just wasting my time since i cant even win limit long term.